Quick Fill Me In

look

N/A
Website
www.deardenboys.co.uk
:D hello I'm back a few years after selling my gp32 FLU

Can you give me a quick heads up on which gp2x unit to buy please.

In the old gp32 days there were a few variations in memory chips which meant limitations on speed.

Also is kick off 2 running at full speed with sound on these things?

I need to flog a flip top ps2 first so it might be a while before i get my hand on one.

Cheers

l00k!

:ph34r:

Ok, regarding units, you have:
gp2x.co.uk: They sell two types of units, one testes and granted to overclock to at least 266 mhz, and the other less expensive one that can't overclock that much.
Now on the other side, you can either buy the unit alone, or in whats called a value pack which consists mainly of the unit with some not very useful accessories.

No regarding software, we have ton of homebrew games, great emulators for SNES, NeoGeo, Mega CD, CPS2, and soon to come GBA.

Regarding Kick off 2, am not sure, but I guess the Atari's version is available, what about the Dos and amiga's vrsions guys?

sehs33 posted on Feb 25 2007 at 10:33 PM said:
gp2x.co.uk: They sell two types of units, one testes and granted to overclock to at least 266 mhz, and the other less expensive one that can't overclock that much.
They only sell the one version, testing took too long for them to be viable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? when did that happen? I don't remember seeing any topics saying so...
Thanks for updating my info, and sorry for the confusion look :)

sehs33 posted on Feb 26 2007 at 09:48 AM said:
Really? when did that happen? I don't remember seeing any topics saying so...
I don't think a thread was posted, but CraigiX definitely mentioned it.

cheers

So its an overclocking lottery again

can someone test kick off 2 final whistle on outcast please :D

Its automation cd 472

I know castaway had a big problem running it because of all the math involved

EDIT: yes I am that sad that I'd buy a gp2x just for kick off 2 :D

Hey Look,

Slightly off topic, but I gotta know...!

Your Avatar?? I remember putting some serious hours into that game, but can't think what its called.. put me out of my misery?! :)

cHEM posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:33 PM said:
Hey Look,

Your Avatar?? I remember putting some serious hours into that game, but can't think what its called.. put me out of my misery?! :)

It's that old classic Exile. I started it up on the Amiga emulator on the GP2X, but the control system is awkward (it always was!)

DanSolo posted on Feb 26 2007 at 01:45 PM said:
cHEM posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:33 PM said:
Hey Look,

It's that old classic Exile. I started it up on the Amiga emulator on the GP2X, but the control system is awkward (it always was!)

Exile yeah!

I read about beebem being ported to gp2x....any truth in that? exile on bbc is good as is chuckie egg

look's avatar or mine?

The one in my avatar is Skooter, which is one of my favourite games, it was released for the MSX and there is a faithful Windows remake for it made by Leandro Correia that you can catch here:
http://www.leandrocorreia.com/skooter/skootere.htm
<boring>
Scooter was codded by a team of developers led by a guy who is right now the chief programmer of Mercenaries from Lucasarts, and was published by Eaglesoft in 1987, the game copyright belonged to a company called Aackosoft, that went out of business many years ago, and right now it is owned by Ronald Pieket Weeserik who approved the remake but didn't drop the copyrights.
</boring>
Edit: lol, seems it was look's :)

look posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:45 PM said:

Its automation cd 472

Just tried it and it looks full speed to me, only sound is muted.

B)-->
b._.o._.b said:
look posted on Feb 26 2007 at 12:45 PM said:

Its automation cd 472

Just tried it and it looks full speed to me, only sound is muted.

cool I'll have to get one then

Anyone want to buy a ps2 with a fliptop lid and swapmagic...lets you play backups and imports

Thats it, Exile... Funny, as soon as I saw it today the name popped in my head before I read the reply. :)

sweet.. I know what I'm playing tonight!

Back