Questions About Nesemu From Pickle

renejr902

Website
Visit site
1. is it a way to put the emulation in fullscreen. i tried to change the option in video to 320 x 240 and scale. but the emu reboot.

2. is it a problem with the control. in mario bros 3, sometime mario stop to going forward.

thanks for answer.

That's happened in a few games for me, every once in awhile the characters stop responding to the controls for a moment.

I've noticed that aswell with the controls.
I've also left a note on the download page about using zipped roms and opening subfolders within the sd/roms/nes folder.
(These can be opened with the touchscreen but not the buttons)

All my roms are zipped in A-Z folders. :(

renejr902 said:
1. is it a way to put the emulation in fullscreen. i tried to change the option in video to 320 x 240 and scale. but the emu reboot.

2. is it a problem with the control. in mario bros 3, sometime mario stop to going forward.

thanks for answer.

1. No, dont mess with the graphics options, its hard coded to 320x240, any changes may crash the application. If you want the scaling use gpfce.
2. I havnt seen this issue, is it reproducible? If so what are the steps/conditions.

I misread i think, so ziped roms work you just have to use the touchscreen? I think this a check for a double click, or a short click, I will think about how to simulate it with the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
I misread i think, so ziped roms work you just have to use the touchscreen? I think this a check for a double click, or a short click, I will think about how to simulate it with the buttons.

Yes you did misread it. :huh:
Zipped roms don't show up on the menu so you can't run them.
The only way to open subfolders is with the touchscreen, you can move down with the D-pad to highlight the subfolder but you can't open it. (I've tried all the buttons!)
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
Pickle said:

Yes you did misread it. :huh:
Zipped roms don't show up on the menu so you can't run them.
The only way to open subfolders is with the touchscreen, you can move down with the D-pad to highlight the subfolder but you can't open it. (I've tried all the buttons!)
Cheers, Neil

You wrote that zipped roms and folders could be opened by touchscreen the first time.
I still may add the controls to open folders, this is would also also roms for be started by click. I think i know how to do this.
I dont intend to add zip file support, sorry.

the issue with the button stop working, only appears if you press a little hard on the Dpad.
I only noticed that in this emulator, pushing the dpad n direction not all the way to its limit will work,
but if you´re forced to quickly change directions in stressy games, believe me, you´ll push the controlpad hard.
I noticed that in Megaman 3, it was also the only game I tried on this emulator.

nabz32x said:
the issue with the button stop working, only appears if you press a little hard on the Dpad.
I only noticed that in this emulator, pushing the dpad n direction not all the way to its limit will work,
but if you´re forced to quickly change directions in stressy games, believe me, you´ll push the controlpad hard.
I noticed that in Megaman 3, it was also the only game I tried on this emulator.

that doesnt make sense the dpad is digital, shouldnt matter how hard you push

Pickle said:
renejr902 said:

thanks for answer.

1. No, dont mess with the graphics options, its hard coded to 320x240, any changes may crash the application. If you want the scaling use gpfce.
2. I havnt seen this issue, is it reproducible? If so what are the steps/conditions.

I was curious since the source was out and gpfce has allot more of these features and is faster why wouldn't making that emu better be more desirable than porting a different emu? Right now gpfce's screen rendering is very bad. It has glitches with part of the screen repeated on the opposite side when scaled and has tearing that is worse than other emus (seems to offset by 4 pixels), it updates slow in rotate mode, so slow that you can see the pixels crawl across as it scrolls etc. If that was polished up a bit it would be a great emu.

I haven't tried this port you did, it is probably very good. I just have all of my ROMs zipped and separated in different directories so it wouldn't be convienient for me.

Thanks for doing it.

i even ask notaz about fixing the scaling and tearing problem in gpfce, he answer me he was too busy for now, but maybe someday

i bought the wiz first for nes emu. after that it was for picodrive and gba, snes, gamegear, gameboy, and finally mame and neo geo and capcom arcade.

Now i only miss a great working nes emu and a fullscreen gamegear emu.

@ Pickle:
Lol that makes sense, (sorry for the lol, but it squeezed itself out of my hands, couldn´t do anything about it :D )
I expierienced this in FENIX testing on the WIZ,
pressing the dpad to deep down in a straight direction, activates the diagonals too that somehow blocks the straight keys.
Don´t know if you have to check for the diagonals manually...
So this problem really exists here, don´t let it go of your sight (Man thats the worst scenario on programming, youre testing and it seems that an error dosen´t occur anymore, then when you think you´re ready with everything, it comes right back into your face :( )

This definitely has better support than gpfce, it runs smoother, and tearing is just about invisible when you apply the pollux_dpc_set. However, diagonal motion does not work. Someone mentioned it on the download page in the archive, and it is a huge pain when you can't move diagonally in games like Zelda and Abadox.

chickendung said:
This definitely has better support than gpfce, it runs smoother, and tearing is just about invisible when you apply the pollux_dpc_set. However, diagonal motion does not work. Someone mentioned it on the download page in the archive, and it is a huge pain when you can't move diagonally in games like Zelda and Abadox.

I can add that feature

Pickle said:
chickendung said:

I can add that feature

Awesome man! When do you think it will be ready? I know you are busy with the Pandora and everything, so there's no hurry.

chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:

I can add that feature

Awesome man! When do you think it will be ready? I know you are busy with the Pandora and everything, so there's no hurry.

just finished it

uploaded: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,235

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D

You are the master, pickle. I'll post my feedback in a bit.

EDIT: I noticed that when the option to display the fps and rom info is not selected, the fps goes away but the rom name and info stays there. Is there a way to get rid of it in the config?

Thanks again.

this emu is great, but sadly almost every game i tried had several graphical glitches, Akumajou Dracula Bonta Kun is FULL of glitches, Ufouria has glitches on the lower bar hud and so on...
the interface is great and the speed seems already good, too bad the compatibility is very, very low

Eclipse said:
this emu is great, but sadly almost every game i tried had several graphical glitches, Akumajou Dracula Bonta Kun is FULL of glitches, Ufouria has glitches on the lower bar hud and so on...
the interface is great and the speed seems already good, too bad the compatibility is very, very low

The only graphical glitches I've seen were in Donkey Kong Classics and Parasol Stars.

Great to see this get touched up (ooer). One thing however, all my roms are zipped for GPFCE, any chance we could have zip support at some point?

How come the news forum takes ages to get updated these days? Other sites (dcemu, pdroms etc.) always seem to have more news, I'm starting to lose interest in GP32x as a source of information..... Do we need a new moderator?

frolik said:
Great to see this get touched up (ooer). One thing however, all my roms are zipped for GPFCE, any chance we could have zip support at some point?

I've already asked this question as all my roms are zipped (into subfolders, which you can only open with the stylus), but I got this answer:

Pickle said:
I dont intend to add zip file support, sorry.

I think this is the major drawback with this emulator. :(

Cheers, Neil

Back