Questions About Nesemu From Pickle

Shame about zips, but not such a big deal as the roms are small anyway.

I just had a session on Whomp Em, all works very nicely, but I couldn't get the savestates to work, I notice there are two sets of save / load options, one for saving a disk (did NES have disks?), but neither one of them restored my state when I tried a load. Is this not implemented?

It does seem to take a time scanning the roms folder, and also loading a game takes longer than you would expect, but it's not such a big deal. The real beauty is that you don't have the nasty graphical corruption on the right edge of the screen like you do in gpfce.

@Chickendung: Can you tell me what settings you are using to apply the pollux_dpc_set?

frolik said:
Shame about zips, but not such a big deal as the roms are small anyway.

I just had a session on Whomp Em, all works very nicely, but I couldn't get the savestates to work, I notice there are two sets of save / load options, one for saving a disk (did NES have disks?), but neither one of them restored my state when I tried a load. Is this not implemented?

It does seem to take a time scanning the roms folder, and also loading a game takes longer than you would expect, but it's not such a big deal. The real beauty is that you don't have the nasty graphical corruption on the right edge of the screen like you do in gpfce.

@chickendung: Can you tell me what settings you are using to apply the pollux_dpc_set?

Sure. Do you have the pollux_dpc_set? If not, you can find it in the archive.
Anyway...
I copied the pollux_dpc_set into the same folder as the nesemu.gpe file.
Then, I edited the .gpe file with a text editor. I added this line right after #!/bin/sh:
Code:
./pollux_dpc_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;clkdiv0=9'
Then I saved the .gpe and I was done. It does not COMPLETELY remove the tearing, as said by many others who use pollux_dpc_set, but it does make it much less severe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back