[Question] Megadrive Vpin to Scart

Fzero

Advanced Member
Can anyone tell me please what this cable would typically known as, or is the Megadrive connection pretty unique to that system?

I want to try find one of those on Maplin website so I can pick one up today at lunchtime. Cheers

Probably already too late, but could you give me/us a link, cause whatever you have embedded in your post, isn't visible to (at least) me

@thatgui thanks, but I have sorted one now :)

This was the one I linked, and the one I actually ordered [hopefully that link works for you, the previous one used the forums 'media linking' and turned it into an embed image and info link - like it does with KS and Soundcloud and the likes]

Anyway, I couldn't find anything like that myself on Maplin site, searching for 'v-pin' or 'rgb scart'.
In the end, I asked my mate here to order for me as he has an Amazon Prime account which means he gets the 'Same Evening' delivery for free, whereas I would've had to pay another £9 on top!
So it will be with me tonight between 6-10pm ...and soon as it is, I will be playing some classics on the telly I picked up last night.
I got the B&O BeoVision MX4000 for my old systems, with a main intention being some light-gun action

The PC-Engine also have a din as A/V out, but it's not exactly the same as the MD so it can't fit.
I'm almost sure the MD one is specific.

Looks like it depends on which model of Megadrive you have, but it's either a 8-pin circular DIN plug (with mono sound) or a 9-pin mini-DIN plug (with stereo sound). Looks like a custom pinout to me, though if you're shopping at maplin I might expect you to own a soldering iron and also possess the skills to make your own cable:

http://gamesx.com/avpinouts/genesisav.htm

Back