Question About An Emu

AnsemDarkRuler

Still Fresh
I was looking through a list of emus for the GP2X and realised there was a Genesis one, but no sega CD or Turbo Grafx-16/PC Engine emus. Are there any plans for emus for these to come out for the GP2X or should I just give up hope now? Theres lots of Sega CD games I would love to play on the go.

PC engine is pretty good right now actually, there's both SquidgeNgine and GP2XEngine.

Sega CD emulation would be insane, hopefully it happens someday :)

AnsemDarkRuler posted on May 6 2006 at 01:32 PM said:
I was looking through a list of emus for the GP2X and realised there was a Genesis one, but no sega CD or Turbo Grafx-16/PC Engine emus. Are there any plans for emus for these to come out for the GP2X or should I just give up hope now? Theres lots of Sega CD games I would love to play on the go.

I have PC Engine running on mine. It does a fine job in my opinion. It is called "gp2xengine." And I do not know about a Sega CD emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
AnsemDarkRuler posted on May 6 2006 at 07:32 PM said:

There's an explaination to why Sega CD wouldn't happen on the GP2X in the DrMDx-thread...

As for Turbo Grafx-16/PCEngine, there's Squidgengine and some other direct port which requires lots of overclocking.

Thanks for the info guys! Well. there is always hope. Now, I just got my GP2X in the mail and it says First Edition on it. It also came with 1.2 firmware. Does that mean its one of the ones prone to alot of problems?

there are no real differences betwene the versions, apart of the printing that is, thats bullshitt liksang made up.

Well, I turned it on and everything seems top notch at this point. I cant use it until tuesday when my 2 gig card arrives in the mail. I heard there were alot of problems w/ the first editions thats why I got worried for a second. But, if you say its bullshit, I will take your word for it.

well, there where some changes, but nothing realy serious.

EvilDragon posted on May 4 2006 at 02:14 AM said:
Well, there were a few editions with slight changes in them.

Here are the one I am aware of by fixing a lot of gp2x ;)
I'll only list the new changes they added.

1. First Edition: Original release.
2. First Edition: Headphone better soldered, resistor manually exchanged, piece of stick cap cut off as
the original cap mostly always prevented pressing to the left or right.
3. First Edition: Some rubber pads removed (and they are now red instead of black) to reduce the
Plasma Effect when pressing stick button
Also: Speakers now have longer cables (yay!) and have some protective coat.
And: They manually cut off some rubber from the DC / USB Plug so that it fits better in.
4. Normal Edition: The coating on the battery contacts is no longer there. The headphone port gets fixated
by some glue, the LED cover is now milky white instead of totally transparent
(some First Editions, though only a minor few, also seem to have this already!)
5. Normal Edition: They put some tape on top of the battery contacts right below the case.
Don't know what for.

That's all I can remember now... so there always had been minor hardware changes :)

epitaph posted on May 6 2006 at 08:45 PM said:
There's an explaination to why Sega CD wouldn't happen on the GP2X in the DrMDx-thread...

*Reesy releases DRMDCD. :) *

*"That's impossible!", says forum, in one voice. :ph34r: *

*"Sorry, I didn't know that", Reesy apologises. :( *

Back