Quake 2 Won't Run

spetzie

Still Fresh
hi everyone

i downloaded quake one and 2 the other day. quake 1 works fine straight from downloading hgowever i can't get quake 2 to run. i really want to play this game. If anyone has an idea of what i need to do please help

thanks

Well i can tell you that it works :)

Start by supplying anything how you setup your installation. e.g. folder structure, where did you put your pak's into. DID you put pak's into?

ok

so i have read the email and put pak0.pak into the baseq2 folders. than i try to run game through wiz launcher using q2.gpe. it loads for a second and then returns me to the main menu of the wiz. what am i doing wrong

ok so i have read that you also need pak1 and pak2. so i downloaded those as well as the patch but when i try to run the game it still goes to the wiz menu. any ideas????

You don't need pak1+2. Just the shareware pak0 ...

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake2/q2-314-demo-x86.exe

put it with lOwErCaSe filename into the baseq2 folder

Code:
/game
 +----- ioquake2
            +------- q2.gpe
            +------- baseq2
            |           +------ pak0.pak
            +------- rogue
            +------- xatrix

thanks for the tip and the link

i will download and try. I'll post again soon to tell you if it was a success or not

well i re downloaded the pak0.pak file that was for quake two ie: i did a search for quake 2 pak file and downloaded from a site. the download was around 58mb. i put it in the baseq2 folder and still no joy.

i don't know if it is illegal or not but if it isn't, does anyone have the pak files they can put a link to so that i know im downloading the right ones. Please do not include if it is illegal, i don't want anyone getting into trouble

WOOHOO sucess. downloaded yet another pak file and this one seems to be the one i needed.

thanks for all help

Back