Quake 1 Help Please

c17

Still Fresh
Ok, when i run quake 1 port, i get a message on the console telling me there are "3 demos in loop" and when i access the menu it quit back to the same message whatever i choose. :(

i double checked the files on the sd card, the only think i couldn't find on my quake cd are the .MOD files that need to be placed in the directory under id1.

any sugestions? :huh:

Hmh, are you pressing with the START button in the menu?
I think you have to click with the pad(stick). :p

pretty sure its pressing the stick, then the stick again to select menu items

Can i ask a question aswell since we are here - How can i bind a button on the gp2x to start a demo? Ive tried al the buttons because they show u what to bind in console when u press em, like vol up/down (is C and D or summat). but it still doesnt work :(

Can i ask a question aswell since we are here - How can i bind a button on the gp2x to start a demo? Ive tried al the buttons because they show u what to bind in console when u press em, like vol up/down (is C and D or summat). but it still doesnt work :(
Ah, yes. That's one of my undocumented features (well, it was documented in the gp32 version but I forgot to mention it for the gp2x). Demos take a little while to load (and at one time they were very unstable) so I disabled them autoloading at the start. The easiest way to do this was to remap the playdemo command to a function that didn't do anything, which means if you're trying to bind a key to playdemo it will never work. However, I've not got the code in front of me at the moment to double check this, but if you try binding to gpplaydemo instead then it should work. Or if you want to do average fps tests then bind to timedemo instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back