Quad-Ren Python bindings

hessiess

I have bean working on a python binding for Quad-Ren, currently it is incomplete, but qr_renderer, qr_quad, qr_line, qr_sprite, vector2d_f and vector2d_i are available. See the attachment for the source code.

To compile the bindings you need to have QR installed and have the python and boost.python development packages available. You may need to change python 2.6 in the makefile to 2.5 or 2.4 depending on which version of python your distro provides.

Like QR, it should work on Win32 and OSX if you can work out how to compile it.

This is completely un-related to the scripting idea in the other thread, which is intended as an enhancement to the C++ API. The python bindings just export the C++ API to python.

Interesting... This certainly makes your engine more 'available'.
Now, if you just convince the Pandora devs to include quad-ren per default in the NAND image, programmers could busy themselves with writing small (emphasis on small, as in file size), simple, code-as-you-go, cross-platform games... Could be pretty interesting, and will certainly increase the number of games for the Pandora.

I have bean intending to bind QR to other languages since around version 0.1 ;)
I doubt that it would be accepted as a default lib at the current point in time. The version number starts with a 0, i.e. it isn't finished yet ;)

Back