Qtopia Wiz V1.0

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Qtopia is a platform for embedded Linux-based mobile computing devices such as personal digital assistants and mobile phones. It was developed by Trolltech.

20090901_qtopia_wiz_v1.0_(wiz_application).png

Download: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,113,185
Source: http://pdroms.de/news/19454/

Nice! Takes me back to my old Zaurus days :)

By the way Qtopia has various virtual keyboard types to use with the touchscreen, and a builtin console, so it's a lot easier to work on the command line than Termula with it's microscopic touchscreen buttons..

frolik said:
By the way Qtopia has various virtual keyboard types to use with the touchscreen, and a builtin console, so it's a lot easier to work on the command line than Termula with it's microscopic touchscreen buttons..
Actually it's pretty unusable on this resolution, the keyboard obscures most of the screen! nvm..

Last edited by a moderator:
The calculator and ogg files doesn't work in this version :(

I'm kinda baffled here. Qtopia can find "documents" (any file read by an application; text, pictures, video, music) that it creates, but can't seem to find documents that are put anywhere on SD. How do you force it to find these documents? The help file implies that when you insert a SD card, Qtopia should scan it for documents, but this doesn't appear to work.

Promised Planet said:
I'm kinda baffled here. Qtopia can find "documents" (any file read by an application; text, pictures, video, music) that it creates, but can't seem to find documents that are put anywhere on SD. How do you force it to find these documents? The help file implies that when you insert a SD card, Qtopia should scan it for documents, but this doesn't appear to work.

not much of anything works in this version, as I tested it a while ago. Music and video files aren't going to play because the codecs aren't installed, apparently. As for your question, you drop the music files in a documents folder somewhere, don't remember.... But it's not worth it either way. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back