Qt Creator 2.0.0Beta & Qt 4.7.0Beta

skeezix said:
I think sebt3 is working on a fresh 4.7 build as well, so we can see.
you're right.
Here come the fun.
Use the "linux-pandora-g++" mkspecs rules included.
Examples are in (especially hellogl_es2).
This build also include GLES acceleration for the widget. To use it, set QT_PLUGIN_PATH accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebt3,
Sounds very cool, especially since I intend to do a project or two in Qt. Thank you. Don't yet have my Panda, and life as it is will probably mean even when I receive it it'll be NEXT summer before I can pursue that project, but I'll definitely watch this.

Nice :) Did you try the qt gl es sample on a real pandora? I pulled the file down to my shell box, will try it on a real pandora later!

jeff

skeezix said:
Nice :) Did you try the qt gl es sample on a real pandora? I pulled the file down to my shell box, will try it on a real pandora later!

jeff
Like I said in our PMs : The reason why the gles rendering for the widgets didn't worked is that the GLES rendring wasn't working in the first place.
I used the hellogl_es2 test program to validate that my work was right. Once I got GLES right, I just added the build option to get this rendering for the widget too and I uploaded this tarball.
So thanks to have pointed me out where I failed :)

BTW, I didn't had to patch anything, only having the right build stuff set, fixing the mkspecs (that's why I said to use this one) and the right configure arguments made it.

Still, very awesome! I've found my time has been super tight lately, so if you've gotten a proven stable QT4.7 with GLES support, you've certainly saved me and lots of other folks a lot of time, so thanks very much :)

Now we'll have to see how well this performs, but this will be a big aid in getting GL-with-UI's going I think; I'll go throw a few thousand polys at it :)

jeff

skeezix said:
Still, very awesome! I've found my time has been super tight lately, so if you've gotten a proven stable QT4.7 with GLES support, you've certainly saved me and lots of other folks a lot of time, so thanks very much :)

Now we'll have to see how well this performs, but this will be a big aid in getting GL-with-UI's going I think; I'll go throw a few thousand polys at it :)

jeff

have you guys seen this:
http://processors.wi...elerated_by_SGX

or this:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Building_Qt_with_OpenGL_ES_accelerated_by_SGX

btw, sebt3 -- confirming it all seems to work nicely :)

I'm assuming you didn't build this _on_ pandora (would take all night :) -- you used CSL or your own cross compile build of gcc?

I'll have to dig into it .. if I freshly build against your lib, it works; if I use a binary built against previous one (but dynlinking against the new one), no good. Fascinating!

Again, thanks for doing htis, saved me quite a few hours of work (especially given I do all my pandora-related stuff in a VM which is nearly full, I don't relish the idea of setting up yet another cross compiling toolchain on another of my boxen just to build QT :) .. I'm experimenting using QtOpenGl for a couple games I'm doing :)

Now, to build pyqt with this one ;)

jeff

skeezix said:
btw, sebt3 -- confirming it all seems to work nicely :)

I'm assuming you didn't build this _on_ pandora (would take all night :) -- you used CSL or your own cross compile build of gcc?

I'll have to dig into it .. if I freshly build against your lib, it works; if I use a binary built against previous one (but dynlinking against the new one), no good. Fascinating!
Odd. I used the same Cross-compile env (DJwillis) as for the previous release. The dependency are the same (still from the nand). But this build is more cleaner

As my previous release what done it this thread-hijack, I'll continu, so not only I'm grave-digging but I'm thread-hijacking... who cares ?

here is qt 4.7.3 for pandora : http://sebt3.openpandora.org/buildtools/?f=qt-4.7.3-pandora.tar.bz2

I haven't tested it much (yet).

/me bows

EDIT: First try with panorama: the program takes 98% CPU, doesn't show a window and leaks memory until it runs out. :p

Back