Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

@qutercast

1: i tested some and Fat32 seem to be the fastest.i am limited for maximum 3-3,5GB Images (real Limit to max 4GB)

maybe 3,8 or 3,9 GB Should Work maximum.

2: i dont know that i understand the second Question Correctly but you can switch Qemu with ctrl+alt+f into Fullscreen or Windowed Mode.

3: in the Time where Mcobit portet Qemu for us at his Home,he wrote some Shell Scripts for SDL(to use SDLZOOM) in Qemu but there was often a little error or the Speed was lower.

In that Time we had not a Notaz SDL who used Nubs or Keyboard,then we let it.

640x480 must you use,maybe you can experiment with SDLZOOM yet per shell Script and maybe with the new Firmware and Notaz patched SDL you where be able to Use higher Resolutions.

I dont know exactly what he did all but there was a test Image who Diablo2 Run in 800x600(slowly) on the Pandora,but we must had one or two other errors.

I think its a Qemu to SDL Zooming Problem,maybe anyone of you can make a Patch for it ;)

@Linux-Swat

Perfectly,nice to see that we are able to Change the Size of Qemu Images :D

For the scaling options, I experimented with some stuff:

If you use the internal sdl scaler, it is slower and even resolutions that are smaller than the screen got scaled, what I didn't find the cause for, so I disabled this in this build.

Notaz sdl is not usable unfortunately, as the nubs cannot be used as mouse and the keyboard dosn't take any input. I have no clue why that is but I would think that qemu has some strange inputsystem like dosbox etc. which doesn't behave like sdlgames, but reimplements a virtual keyboard instead.

The touchscreen also can't be used with notaz sdl for some similar reason. The mousecursor can be moved around but you cannot interact with the system with it. Also it is the normal sdlcursor.

Ah it was the Scaler,not SDl Zoom ^_^

GOOD NEWS FOR STONEKEEP PLAYERS:

I tested Stonekeep again and it work not so bad that i renembered.

Here is a actual Video with a normal Pandora overclocked to 1040MHZ(Maximum here to be Stable)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1YoVubQy5oI?feature=oembed

With the 1GHZ Pandora should it be better Playable :lol:

Edit: Any Video Requestions for Qemu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Grow qemu images:

http://kevin.deldyck...u-system-image/

Note that w95 does not support big partitions, so you'd prefer boot the image with qemu and gparted on pc, and create another fat partition in it.

Tnx a lot, that exactly what i needed.

Currently i am giving another go to installing windows 95, this time with a different iso and the mentioned settings, hopefully itl work :)

Is there any key combination i can do to quit the VM?

Currently i use CTRL + ALT + f to turn the vm to small screen, and then i click the [x] to shut it down, is there a more gentle method to exit the VM and go back to Qemu?

Btw my windows is installing correctly now that i tried a different iso.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that i got windows setup i ran into a new issue, windows 95 doesnt find the iso's i mounted in Qemu, windows just shows an empty cd rom.

On the Pandora Qemu wiki it says i should install a dos cd driver, and let it start before windows.

How do i do this? and are there other solutions?

Now that i got windows setup i ran into a new issue, windows 95 doesnt find the iso's i mounted in Qemu, windows just shows an empty cd rom.

On the Pandora Qemu wiki it says i should install a dos cd driver, and let it start before windows.

Damn those mega threads, all the infos have to be given over and over again. You could either read a few pages back or follow these steps in the wiki to accomplish what you desire (use the MSDOS 6 CD-ROM support section, there is no difference)

Damn those mega threads, all the infos have to be given over and over again. You could either read a few pages back or follow these steps in the wiki to accomplish what you desire (use the MSDOS 6 CD-ROM support section, there is no difference)

Tnx for the information.

I would use one of the bootable DOS images listed on the wiki itself. CD-ROM drivers come preinstalled.

I didn't follow this whole topic so please excuse if this was asked before.

Quemu can run common Windows 95 and 98, right?

Can it also run MUGEN then?

Quemu can run common Windows 95 and 98, right?
indeed

Can it also run MUGEN then?
Depends on the hardware requirements - if "only" an early Pentium (Clocked <100 Mhz) is needed chances are high that it will run fluently. But as experience dictates this is just a guess, it highly depends on the game (or better how it is implemented).

i'm waiting for a possible MUGEN port to pandora... :)also starfleet academy..ah the memories ! :)

Can you show me a video of H.E.D.Z and The Sims 1 please :) (I very much doubt the Sims 1 will perform well but it'll be interesting otherwise)

@Solstar:

I tried the MSDOS Version of Mugen and it is a Slideshow,maybe the Win95 Version is faster ;)

@Askarus:Have you please a direct Link for that Mugen Win95 Game to test?

I dont install any Downloadersoftware,Spyware or rubbish Toolbars on my System.

Please a direct Link,then i try it for you ^_^

@Wally:

Heds nees a 3D Acceleration,it will dont work.

The Sims minimum System Reqieriments are too high too,sorry but that Games dont Work for now :unsure:

And here a New Video with the old Classical Subculture(Pandora clocked to 1.02GHZ)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1TLooPwlNJo?feature=oembed

Back