Caanoo / WIZ Qemu And Caanoo

Eric62

Still Fresh
hi,

i'm want to develop applications for caanoo device without device. Is it possible to use qemu or virtualbox?

thanks

eric

You're not going to get an emulated Caanoo, but you can get a generic ARMv5 EABI Linux, no idea what sort of peripherals/devices it'd have. Unless you're doing ARM ASM this probably won't be helpful to you.

no qemu image exists ? Caanoo OS is not available for a VirtualBox install ? It's strange for an open project, no ?

Exophase said:
You're not going to get an emulated Caanoo, but you can get a generic ARMv5 EABI Linux, no idea what sort of peripherals/devices it'd have. Unless you're doing ARM ASM this probably won't be helpful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what kind of openness you expected from Caanoo. It runs Linux and allows/encourages people to develop for it (afterall, it's largely third party software that has been selling GPH devices, although there are more games in the pipe for Caanoo), but that doesn't mean that GPH subscribes to what people consider open ideology for everything they do. You won't find schematics or source code for their menus or anything like that.

The "Caanoo OS" is standard ARM EABI Linux. Why do you want to be able to able to emulate this so badly?

Exophase said:
The "Caanoo OS" is standard ARM EABI Linux. Why do you want to be able to able to emulate this so badly?

Where can I find ARM EABI Linux image for QEMU? By example, Amgstrom Linux distribution propose a generator of QEMU images.

With QEMU, can I run .gpe programs or I must install another module?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back