Caanoo / WIZ Compiling Caanoo Programs

nparkanyi

Still Fresh
I would like to develop SDL programs on the Caanoo, but I am not sure how to cross-compile on to the Caanoo.(I use Fedora Linux)

nparkanyi said:
I would like to develop SDL programs on the Caanoo, but I am not sure how to cross-compile on to the Caanoo.(I use Fedora Linux)

Get yourself a toolchain. Set binary paths to your PATH variable, and compile with the compiler binaries supplied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some toolchains: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,17

The offiial one at least i know has SDL. It has libraries for both PC and Caanoo. Let us know if you have difficulty setting it up. I use codeblocks myself. In codeblocks, I add a new compiler (the one in the toolchain), set up where its libraries and include files can be found, and then i can compile my progject like normal if i create a target in my project using that compiler. That's about it.

Hmm, I downloaded the toolchain, then I compiled very simple code that used iostream. I copied the executable onto the Caanoo, but when I attempted to run it, it just displayed the loading screen and did nothing.

Also, on the Caanoo (and any other GP2x device) you have to start the menu again after your program finishes. Look e.g. Warehouse Panic. The .gpe file is just a script, which first runs the game (while logging the output to log.txt), then launches the menu when the game is done.

Your program probably works fine, only you are not drawing anything to the framebuffer, so that is why the screen stays at "loading"

/Uni

Back