Pyra in the wild - the real life experience

My Pyra runs only a 1 GHz, no GPU, Boot from SD (slower than internal emmc)
It feels same or smoother than the Raspberry PI 3B.

Intresting, though slightly worrying. Maybe the production units will be better? Just out of intrest a short time back I got one of those new rpi 3b+ devices and ran kde on it straight from the debian repos. Even this newer raspberry pi struggles with it! Hopefully the pyra will do better. If not I might give TDE a try instead once everyone gets their pyra...

ljones

Intresting, though slightly worrying. Maybe the production units will be better? Just out of intrest a short time back I got one of those new rpi 3b+ devices and ran kde on it straight from the debian repos. Even this newer raspberry pi struggles with it! Hopefully the pyra will do better. If not I might give TDE a try instead once everyone gets their pyra...

ljones

We tested KDE on the OMAP 5 devboard some time ago.
It did run well.

Right now I'm playing with Syncthing.
We already have a Pandora port but I never used it.

Syncthing is in the Pyra Debian repo and can be installed easily.
It works out of the box and I could set it up on my Laptop and Pyra in a short time.
I had no experience with the program. It was really simply.

There is one bug on the ARM build I came across. I had to set the maximal upload and download to any number instead of the default unlimited (0).
Else the devices did disconnect after some time.

The syncthing-gtk package was not in the Debian ARM repo but only in the Arch Repo.
However there is an official armhf deb file available to download (Link).
After installing the dependencies it works flawlessly so far.

All in all I need to say it's as easy as it can be.
It works on the same network and when both devices are on a different one.

Back