Pyra Audio Library?

Watching Gardner Bryant’s take on LTT’s Linux Challenge Pt. II, PulseAudio is described as being a bit of a PITA and Bryant says he hopes all Linux systems will use PipeWire within a few years because he finds that it deals with devices much better. He does however give a couple of tips on how he improves his audio sampling experience with PulseAudio for his mic.

Given the audio issues already noted with the Pyra, if PipeWire does do a much better job what chance of us using it to improve our audio experience on the Pyra?

Watching Gardner Bryant’s take on LTT’s Linux Challenge Pt. II, PulseAudio is described as being a bit of a PITA and Bryant says he hopes all Linux systems will use PipeWire within a few years because he finds that it deals with devices much better. He does however give a couple of tips on how he improves his audio sampling experience with PulseAudio for his mic.

Given the audio issues already noted with the Pyra, if PipeWire does do a much better job what chance of us using it to improve our audio experience on the Pyra?
If pipewire magically changes the audio driver it might work, otherwise we have other problems than pulseaudio... as far as I know.

I'm using pipewire on my archlinux media consumption laptop for a few weeks now, but I wouldn't try it on debian without building it myself. Debian generally runs quite old code, which isn't ideal for a project as new as pipewire.

Back