Pyra as a Music Player

It's all down to personal preference anyway.
I have the impression, though, that the more people are talking about their preferred DE the less productive they are. (Is this a grammaticatically correct sentence? Please excuse my English if it isn't.)

I have the impression, though, that the more people are talking about their preferred DE the less productive they are. (Is this a grammaticatically correct sentence? Please excuse my English if it isn't.)
Well, I'd say the actual correlation is to the amount of features. This leads to to doing more with the DE, reducing the use of other programs, such as for configuring VPNs and stuff. It's not that the people are using more time with their DE to accomplish the same things, but they use less of the other things as the functionality is integrated to their DE. So they end up interacting more with their DE, which translates to talking more about it when discussing their activities. The next time someone talks about their DE a lot, think about how much of the same stuff you can do with yours without resorting to external programs. Whether this increased integration is good or not is again a matter of preference.

Evil is cool and all that, but I don't really understand why anyone would want to emulate vi in emacs when you already have vi installed most likely. But maybe there's some killer feature of emacs that some people just can't live without that I'm unware of having not used emacs in some 15 years now.

Evil is cool and all that, but I don't really understand why anyone would want to emulate vi in emacs when you already have vi installed most likely. But maybe there's some killer feature of emacs that some people just can't live without that I'm unware of having not used emacs in some 15 years now.

I use evil instead of vi(m) because: a) org mode in Emacs (which is something you will have missed in the intervening 15 years) and b) everything else in emacs including emms, tramp, gnus, eww, ... and I do all of this on the Pandora!

never really gave emacs a try, it felt pretty clunky the (maybe) one time i tried it.

of course, the first time i tried vim, i was in a constant state of surprise and fear-filled wonder.

On a Pyra, Escape-Meta-Alt-Control-Shift will actually be possible with two hands and in a comfortable fashion!

Do we know if the audio quality in the pyra will be any better than what he got on the pandora?

ED did a video comparing the speakers (check the news forum for a thread titled 'it's loud!') but that was before the speakers were properly installed. The team's still working on that, so we don't yet know what the audio will actually be like unfortunately.

Back