Psp Scene Dead ??

@ lubidog. Theres no legal objection, just a moral one. It does seem a bit harsh i agree, but its not like im doing something others cant. Ill probably end up buying psp games (especially if the £3 pirate UMD reports coming out of thailand prove to be true :p), but as its coming up to christmas and my student loan is nearly exhausted, id like something to play just for now.

@ gamers galaxy: Cant seem to find it, would you mind publishing a link here or something? Cheers

But what happens if NOBODY buys any games??? Er...no games!

Not flaming, not getting on my high horse, but just keep quiet about it. My wages are a bit stretched at the moment, my daughter needs new clothes etc. But I would love to have a nice car to drive about in over Christmas. So anyone know where a nice 911 is parked???? Look, I will probably have to buy a new car sooner or later, but not now, okay? I'll just nick one to keep me tied over..., yes?

Not flaming, again. Just saying how it's the same thing. And I never normally go public with my acts of criminality...

Last edited by a moderator:
@ lubidog. Theres no legal objection, just a moral one. It does seem a bit harsh i agree, but its not like im doing something others cant. Ill probably end up buying psp games (especially if the £3 pirate UMD reports coming out of thailand prove to be true :p), but as its coming up to christmas and my student loan is nearly exhausted, id like something to play just for now.

@ gamers galaxy: Cant seem to find it, would you mind publishing a link here or something? Cheers

Not flaming, not getting on my high horse, but just keep quiet about it. My wages are a bit stretched at the moment, my daughter needs new clothes etc. But I would love to have a nice car to drive about in over Christmas. So anyone know where a nice 911 is parked???? Look, I will probably have to buy a new car sooner or later, but not now, okay? I'll just nick one to keep me tied over..., yes?

Not flaming, again. Just saying how it's the same thing. And I never normally go public with my acts of criminality...

I know what you're saying, but the car belongs to someone

I know what you're saying, but the car belongs to someone

Hey? And the game isn't?????? Course it is!

Point taken.

FTR, i dont get roms of anything that they still sell in the shops (ie anything before snes)

Seems to me 90% of the scene seems concentrated on how to get the next free UMD game rather than emulation of old systems or creating new games because that's all I ever hear about, At work half the guys are running around trying to figure out how to get the latest ISO to run while the other half of us are playing our games.

I wonder which group is having more fun? Oh wait... I know.

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying don't pirate, by all means I'm occasionally broke too, but dont try to make a person out to look dumb just because they choose to support the games when they have the money to do it, that's just low tier.

the only reason i download the iso's is to test the game before i buy it which im glad i do because half the games i've thought of buying then downloaded are crap.

i use the emu's to play swos 96/97 & champ manager italia.

But you were just as bad back in the days of the hammer and chisel....

okay so let me get this 100% clear, if I buy the actual GTA UMD, and play it on my 1.5 PSP, updating to 2.0... if I want to at a later time I WILL DEFINATELY be able to downgrade my PSP to 1.5 again?

I must admit... I'm kinda tired of GTA... but... damned if anything else even remotely good has really come out in the longest time! I'm just so pissed that my PSP has sat gathering dust for ages.

So maybe I could buy GTA, play it til it tires me, then not worry that I've just lost all hope of playing any emu's on my system again?

And about the GP32 comparison... sorry but with the exception of DrMD, all emulators that I play commonly (nes, snes, gb/gbc, neo geo, tg16) all run better on the PSP. My GP is ONLY used for DrMD anymore.

So, what say you all? Do 2.0 UMD's mean the absolute end of homebrew or are downgrades still possible?

Also, are any other games 2.0? Socom? Frantix? Anything else? I really need to sell some of these games I bought back when the thing launched in march and buy some new stuff!

I've heard that downgrading from 2.0 is possible but still potentially dangerous because of some bit of code inthe PSP something like if it dosent read the image you use to get the exploit to work correctly it could brick your PSP.

There's also the matter of several games like GTA starting to be built un top of the 2.0 firmware frame work so even if you could get an ISO to run under 1.5 with a hack tricking into thinking the PSP is 2.0 it'll crash when it dosent see it. Infected's ISO runs the game fine but I heard they had to rip out the intermissions because they use 2.0 code.

believe it or not I'm not worried about the iso's when I ask what I asked above, I'm actually looking at buying the games. But I've been so scared of buying any games and they end up being 2.0.

Until this thread, GTA was the ONLY game I had heard was definately 2.0, which didn't bother me much as I didn't really want the game that bad anyways.

So... if I buy a game and it is 2.0, I can downgrade after I play it but there is a chance I'll brick my PSP.... is that correct?

believe it or not I'm not worried about the iso's when I ask what I asked above, I'm actually looking at buying the games.
Me too. I love buying all my games.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...4683entry304683 :)

I think that Spray was implying is that you can't even play GTA UMD on a 1.5 PSP. So now that the other two games have been cracked (to work in iso format), another version tricker might be in the works somewhere along the line.

(Apologies if wrong)

yeah I had read about that, GTA not working on 1.5 at ALL, UMD, iso or otherwise.

but then I thought I read somewhere that you COULD update to full 2.0 and then downgrade back to 1.5 for sure. So that got my hopes up.

Seriously I just need to buy another PSP and keep my 1.0 for homebrew.

you can upgrade to v2 then downgrade using the MPH tool.

theres all sorts of scare stories about it bricking your psp, but as i said in either this thread or another, its the exact same stories that crop up when people talk about flashing the gp32, the only real possibility of error is due to human error.

Back