Dark_alex Quits Psp Scene!

jimid2

Website
Visit site
It's a dark day for the PSP Scene... Dark Alex was the driving force behind the OE custom firmwares. Only two days after announcing he was working on 3.51OE, DA turns around and pulls his site and quits... As I understand it, 3.51 was Sony's first firmware for the newly redesigned PSP; it was supposedly pretty much un-hackable and something about it would have made running ISOs from the memory stick even easier... Anyway, word is the source will NOT be released, and it'll be a long road back for someone to follow in his footsteps...

Lots of teary farewells and the gory details here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=67804

:(

So...god damn...oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.

:D

daclassicgamingmaster said:
This was announced back in February?

Damn man, have you been in a cave? ;)
This was announced just a few weeks ago, DCGM. They don't use the "MM/DD/YY" date method in every country or forum. So that thread was started this month.

Anyway, this does suck, though. I didn't know that he was working on that new OE firmware... interesting. Well, we'll see who's up to the challenge soon enough, I guess. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know much about the PSP emulation/homebrew scene as I hardly use the thing but I seriously doubt he would need to worry about getting arrested or such for developing a piece of firmware. Thats just ridiculous. All he is doing is creating a piece of firmware to place on the psp and what ever features people use with that firmware are necessarily his fault. Its just stupid.

Yes, but his firmwares allow certain people to play pirated games. So, Sony could have potentially sued him. Plus, he lost 2 family members during the creation of his firmwares and he feels bad for not being there for them.

That's his explanation, at least.

Back