Psp + Ds Emualtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindo245

Still Fresh
Well Hello There.

This is my first post and excuse me on my Noobish behavior, But can the Pandora emulate a PSP or Nintendo DS , I am interested in buying one.

Are orders taking place on the 30th november or december?

To anwser the question both psp and ds emulation are being considered, but these emulators will take quite awhile to be made and optimised. If you are planning on buying a pandora for these features then i suggest you wait as there is a chance we will never see psp or ds emulation on the pandora.

atm as it stands the anwser is no.

The first batch is sold out (some people may cancel their orders and you may hear something if there is more available). Second batch should start in the new year.

The short answer is NO and NO. But you will have other emulators.

The long answer is: There isn't any PSP emulator that works 100% good in PC (well Sony have one, but is private). Remember with no source code, we can't port. The NDS emu is more probable, the cpu are ARM in both, and there are source code of some emulators for PC. But there isn't any coder working in this (I think), because the screen. Moreover, if you like NDS games you're going to buy a NDS.

P.D. This thread must be in Pandora forum.

Hardyx said:

The long answer is: There isn't any PSP emulator that works 100% good in PC (well Sony have one, but is private). Remember with no source code, we can't port. The NDS emu is more probable, the cpu are ARM in both, and there are source code of some emulators for PC. But there isn't any coder working in this (I think), because the screen. Moreover, if you like NDS games you're going to buy a NDS.

If no one's working on a DS emulator it's because it's a lot of work and not an easy port job (which is what most handheld emulators are), not because of the screen. I'm sure plenty of DS owners would want to emulate it.

I think Pandora might be powerful enough for a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardyx said:

Actually the screen isn't a problem with DS emu. You could put the two DS screens side by side or stack vertical and rotate the unit.

I think the bigger problem is emulating the custom 3D hardware and the CPU. I would bet there would be some kind of DS emu who knows how fast it would be though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back