proxy/ip masking program

NESnero

Is there some sort of program or software that would allow me to change or mask my IP? similar to what programs like IPshark and tor can do, as well as those proxy websites, just need something to make my IP appear as if it were somewhee else. FOR PERFECTLY LEGAL RESONS :D

If not a progrm then perhaps some other way of doing it, although im not very good with the software kinda things.

Luakit and Midori work with proxy servers.

I guess the apps you mentioned just route your traffic through some proxy servers, too.

Also, what exactly do you need a proxy for and for how long?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... It might seem compilcated for someone not familiar with vim, but it's pretty simple and logical.

Hotkeys are

open

open in new window

open in new tab

paste

follow link/Follow link in new tab

go NNth percent of the page/ggo to top/Go to bottom

gt N go to tab N

Some essential commands are

:bookmark

:back

:reload

:proxy

Proxy synatax: alias address:port

It's quite simple to use, it handles https properly and it has a proxy manager. So far one of the best browsers for Pandora.

Anyway, if you need a proxy for totally legal purposes and for a short time I could give you a guest access to a proxy I run for myself for a couple of days, the server is in Russia (which would mean no US/UK-only services), and it is set up to recompress the graphics, so some pages might look ugly.

I asked if somebody would make a .PND from Tor Project for Firefox a few months back but nobody really seemed interested. No need to justify why, its perfectly normal to protect your identity in these times.

I asked if somebody would make a .PND from Tor Project for Firefox a few months back but nobody really seemed interested. No need to justify why, its perfectly normal to protect your identity in these times.

tor on the pandora would b really helpful. I´ll set up a bounty on he bounty thread.

Everytime I hear someone asking for a way to mask their IP I think of old chain emails exclaiming "Did you know your computer is broadcasting an IP address? Criminals can use that address to hunt you down, steal your credit card, murder your pets, and make your wife divorce you!" with a handy program attached to "protect" you.

I'm sure people have legitimate concerns that require some kind of proxy system, but there'll never be enough of them to replace the automatic mocking my brain does, learned from years of removing spyware for friends and family.

tor on the pandora would b really helpful. I´ll set up a bounty on he bounty thread.

where's that bounty?

Back