Props to Zardos Jones for the Genemu!

Neogenetics

Still Fresh
This emulator is awsome, and I think more than anyone expected. Although its not at a complete stage there are still a ton of games that run well that we have't been able to expirience on our GPs before. This emulator looks promising and I think I speak for everyone when I say we cant wait for a new version! After the somewhat disapointing release of the snes emulator (no offense) its great to see that there are still other systems with similar capabilities to the snes are coming our way in the form of emulators. Great job!

agreed!

i am very impressed by this (especially as this is just the first version :eek:)

even without sound, the fact that i can now play (MD) Sonic, Streets Of Rage 2 and Revenge Of Shinobi on my GP32 is more than enough to make me happy!

well done! (definitely worth the wait)

Sound is low priority to me anyway. Generally if I'm with other people (on a train, at a console party, in the city, in the arcade) I can't hear a goddamn thing from handhelds anyway. But don't get me wrong, I'd like sound :p

I was totally blown away when I powered up GenEmu and played sonic. Games played really smooth even though it`s still in it`s infancy. I have one question though.
Does Genemu prefer US roms to EU or JAP ?

Thanx for releasing such a promising EMU, Zardos :D

Just had to post to this topic, the emulator is top notch, and has the promise to become the one thing that could "sell" the GP32 to the masses, well, the gaming hardcore at least. Edge said of the GP32 in it's 2003 awards issue "if full speed SNES emulation became possible, the machine would be unmissible". Well I think someone should contact Edge re this emulator. Maybe the community can get a decent article in a top flight mag aimed at the very people who would consider buying.

Thanks again ZJ, great work.

i agree, its a lot better than i was expecting! Having full screen as a default is excellent! If this emu is updated at some point i can see it overtaking gpengine as the king of gp emus one day :D. The speed is amazing for a beta.

Dozer posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
i agree, its a lot better than i was expecting! Having full screen as a default is excellent! If this emu is updated at some point i can see it overtaking gpengine as the king of gp emus one day :D. The speed is amazing for a beta.
Yes, i agree, its a great emulator, but its not near fullspeed.

And btw, genesis is automaticly fullscreen, because all genesis games run at 320x240 which is the resolution on gp32.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i wasnt saying that it was full speed. just for a first attempt its excellent. Yeah i guessed it was the systems resolution. and on the subject on 320 by 240, what other systems run at this resolution? Apart from gpengine.

Unfortunately zj is on holiday so we will be waiting a long time for a next release... but still its a great job. Dont forget that ryleh has a gen emu in the bag and his can play many games that the current one cannot, although its still private beta things are looking good for the gen emu scene now.

Dozer posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
and on the subject on 320 by 240, what other systems run at this resolution? Apart from gpengine.
I think mostly all consoles / computers compatible with a TV (because it's exactly half TV resolution - all the old systems didn't have the graphic power to reach full resolution and to get the best picture without resizing etc. you just use half resolution - that's why :))

I think those systems include (although some can run at different resolutions or don't use the full screen, e.g. NES):
SNES, C64, Amiga (NTSC LowRes), Atari ST (NTSC LowRes), PC (MCGA, all the old DOS games), SMS

Last edited:
Back