Proper Flash support

I'm having trouble downloading it for some reason. Please stand by.
nIQFG.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, got it, but now I realize that I forgot to plug in my Pandora after yesterday's gaming session. Failure. I'm going to let it charge while I grab some lunch.

According to the release notes, there's better NEON usage which "yields about 10-15% improvement in Graphics benchmark results", and now supports full screen mode. A few changes to h264 rendering, but none of that really matters until we get DSP usage.

Youtube:

At stock 500mhz, a 240p video is about 10fps. 360p is still a god awful slide show. I went to overclock to 800 which had previously never been a problem for me and it locked right up. I'm thinking that's the new NEON code they've got going, much more finicky about overclocking. Trying again...

Ok, no problems this time. Full screen works, nice and smooth at 240p; I suspect this is the new big feature, going fullscreen is great! Let the video buffer completely before playing, looks like the act of buffering chews up some precious CPU speed, works a little better once it's done.

Was about to test some newgrounds, but gotta go. I'll be back tomorrow to do that.

It could be placebo, but looks like vector animations run smoother at 500Mhz than before. Even overclocked, however, twitch games like those found on Adult Swim are still slideshows.

This could be a sign of Adult Swim having some inefficient coders, however, but I doubt it.

Games on AS site...I thought we were only talking about video?
Why? Flash games are as important as the video. We already know we won't get really good video playback until the DSP is working, best we can do is overclock and hope for a 240p stream.

Back