Programming A Gp2x

tobytyke

Still Fresh
Hi all, Please be kind i'm a noobie. I have a little question. I will be getting my GP2x for christmas (It's all packed under the tree). I would like to know if C/C++ is the only language which can be used to Program the Gp2X, or can any other language which can compile on linux. The language in question is BlitzMax I have the linux and windows compile so would I have able to write programs in linux and complile them to work on my GP2X, or do I need to get back into writing in C.

Any help would be great.

At the moment, I think you would need to write your programs in c; BlitzMax is not yet supported :(. Support for new languages is added quite frequently, though :).

Welcome to the community, by the way ;)

EDIT: For a list of ported programs and languages; go to The GP2X Wiki.

Thanks for the Info. I was just hoping that Blitz was already support because it has a full Linux compile. This would have meant easier programming. Its just me being lazy, looks like its back to the old C/C++ coding :angry:

Looking forward to getting started on Sunday :)

It has nothing todo with wether theres a linux port or not. What matters is if the programing language understands how to use the GP2X hardware.

Theres more to it then that but we'll leave it there for someone else to pick up. :)

Edit: Since its a comercial product you could always ask the company to consider making a gp2x port, but since the source isnt availble there's no way we can port it oursleves.

Back