Problems setting up....still T_T

SurfyAkira

Still Fresh
I've had my GP32 for some time now but still haven't managed to get it working, I refuse to believe that it is faulty as it is too late to send it back to liksang where i bought it, I am positive it is just me being completely retarded.

Ive set up the GP32 - the usb drivers and everything are fine, when i try and format the SMC using the PC link software it times out and fails

I was advised to try using a card reader instead of the Pc link software and I have tried this but I am not sure exactly how to do this - I used a card reader to put the basic folders onto the card which formatting the card using pc link would, i also put an mp3 (less than 8 characters etc) into the mp3 folder - this also fails to play when in my gp32

i know my details are slightly obscure here but if someone would be good enough to help me i can provide more

thanks for reading ^_^

cheers

Try to format your card with your SMC writer, filssystem is fat 12 (or 16 don't remember), alos creat some directories: GAME, GPMM, MP3, GPETC and GPSYS , then try to copy a game (.fxe) in GPMM, and also install the free-lancher, then you should be abble to play )) , if not try with another SMC ;)

P.S: in pc-link mode, have you try the SMC recovery option ???

It's not the GP32. It's probably the SMC card. I had a 32 meg one made by Sandisk, and I'd get errors using it all the time.

Eventually I just ran out and bought a 128 meg Kingston brand SMC, and it worked just fine.

When it comes to SMC cards, brand reallly does matter.

for one exactly one hour i had the same problem( :angry: )

Delte all files on smc deinstall driver restart pc
make you gp32 on than go in link mode (I have used mr spiv firmware and it works and use the linksoftware from darkfather 1.01 ) install drivers if there any problems you must try to install and deinstall it again on different ways

Back