Problem With The Snes Emulator.

DAXP

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
It seems that 'foggy' rooms, such as some rooms in Super MEtroid and the Cave of Mist in Final Fantasy 4, do not work. In FF4 I get a white screen, and in Super Metroid I got one of the backgrounds (can't remember which, might've been the outside one). This is quite annoying, and I can't really play the game this way. I've tried the games on a PC Emulator, and they work fine, but I REALLY want to play them on a handheld. I've tried multiple versions of the EMU (SquidgeSNES and its modified brothers), all of them have this problem. I'm fine with changing to another EMU, or using some sort of program to edit the ROMs if that is possible and easy to do in Linux for a person with almost no coding experience.

Two ways to get around this:

1) Use the transhack option in the menu.

2) Turn off the background layers which are getting in the way. IIRC you hold both volume buttons and press A/B/X/Y to turn each layer off or on.

It's a pain until we get proper transparencies, but it does allow you to keep playing those games :)

gaterooze posted on Jul 4 2006 at 02:54 AM said:
Two ways to get around this:

1) Use the transhack option in the menu.

2) Turn off the background layers which are getting in the way. IIRC you hold both volume buttons and press A/B/X/Y to turn each layer off or on.

It's a pain until we get proper transparencies, but it does allow you to keep playing those games :)

I think we will get them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, thanks, I'll try those things. Unfortunately, I forgot to make a save state before the cave... >_<

EDIT: It worked, thanks!

Back