Problem With New Pandora

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hello peeps, man this weather is shit!

Anyway, got my second Pandora today (chuffed)! My first had the dreaded purple screen....

So I played my first game on it, Project X, it seems my d-pad has trouble recognising diagonal left (up and down) when going there from anywhere else on the d-pad. I wonder if this problem rectifies itself with more use? Would hate to have to send another one back after two weeks without one. Anyone else had this issue? Can't see it being the game I was playing.

Nick

Well, if it goes up and left but just not diagonally, it's certainly related to contacts and not to the hardware board.
I had some which had a bit stiff DPad on the beginning. Try squeezing and wiggling the DPad like hell (or playing Decathlon :p) for a few minutes. It should get better then :)

NickLoTurco said:
Hello peeps, man this weather is shit!

Anyway, got my second Pandora today (chuffed)! My first had the dreaded purple screen....

So I played my first game on it, Project X, it seems my d-pad has trouble recognising diagonal left (up and down) when going there from anywhere else on the d-pad. I wonder if this problem rectifies itself with more use? Would hate to have to send another one back after two weeks without one. Anyone else had this issue? Can't see it being the game I was playing.

Nick

Do up, down and left work fine by themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
The big two replying to my problem, now that's service! Yes it seems to be bedding in now after I tested sonic 2 earlier. By the way, these non painted buttons are the absolute shit, cracking! Stiffer hinge too...thanks for the quick replacement Craig, now I can complete Hunchback on Fuse whilst the missus is in labour next week!

Yea my first unit had a very stiff action on the down direction. After a week or so extensive playing it sorted itself out nicely.

Hey guys, seems I spoke too soon! Played Sppeedball 2 earlier and it seems that diagonals or hard to find to the left....I'll give it a week and see what happens. I've also noticed a bit of squeaking with the d-pad, pretty sure my last one didn't squeak! Have there been any pandora's sent back due to d-pad issues Craig???

NickLoTurco said:
Hey guys, seems I spoke too soon! Played Sppeedball 2 earlier and it seems that diagonals or hard to find to the left....I'll give it a week and see what happens. I've also noticed a bit of squeaking with the d-pad, pretty sure my last one didn't squeak! Have there been any pandora's sent back due to d-pad issues Craig???

If it squeaks, then the glue is a bit too tight on the rubber.
That's what I usually fix by pushing it hard into various directions, twist and turn it (carefully).
Once the glue comes off, it stops squeaking and shoult work.

Last edited:
Back