Pandora Problem And A Warranty Problem

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
My Pandora has a problem: it turns purple and green depending on what angle I hold the screen at. It's still usable, because it stays normal when it's all the way open or at 90 degrees, but I must return it because I fear it may become worse. I assume this is an LCD cable problem.

My question is this: I love my Pandora, and do not want to have to live without it for any length of time. Is there any way I could use a credit card number and/or my status as "KIND OF A BIG DEAL" :)P) as collateral, and you guys could ship me a replacement Pandora, and I could ship you mine when I receive it?

Alternately, has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it with or without opening the Pandora (preferably whatever way wouldn't void the warranty)?

Several people had the same problem. My suggestion was to check the the LCD cable connector(you'd have to remove the bottom part of the case), but the quickstart guide says opening will void the warranty. I remember Craig talking about a "two minute fix" once, but I can't recall exactly if it was definitely an LCD problem he talked about(I'm at work right now and will search for a quote later).

edit:
pmo5 said:
Hey guys I've had my pandora for about a week and it's been great up until today. When I open my pandora to the open position the whole tint and color completely change. If I only put the screen out about a little less then halfway it works perfectly fine. I've tried to reflash and it did not help. On top of that my number 8 key has never worked. Please Craig or someone tell me what I can do from here. It's a tough situation since I live in the United States and I am not paying to ship my pandora back and get a new one as it's simply not right for me to have to do that.

Thanks in advance

P.s bought it from the GBAX store.
craigix said:
They will answer and it will be replaced. I know exactly what's wrong, it's just a 2min fix at this end and it's back out to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will use a powerful electromagnet to induce diamagnetism in the copper wires and shielding foil of the LCD cable to move it back into place. I can see no flaws in my plan.

Very simple - send it back NOW and Craig can spend 2 min fixing it, and send it straight back. If you wait, he will be stuck building another 9550 pandoras, and you won't get it back till xmas.

Alternatively, forget all thoughts of warranty, and open the bugger up. If you do this, and find a problem, email Craig's shop, say you need part 'x' (e.g. lcd screen cable) and expect to pay for it. Cleearly, part X may be a $100 replacement pcb, or $150 screen - but forget all thoughts of trying to prove it was faulty when you got it. In this way, you use your credit card as a way of making sure you keep your pandora at all times. For lowest cost, only remove the bottom of the case - your're unlikely to do much more damage - and might have to send it back in pieces with a note saying 'please fix me' if it isn't an obvious fix.

Whoops - I hadn't thought about it and thought that I'd be getting a new Pandora (the only thing I've returned under warranty was a hard drive, which I guess is not easily repairable, and Western Digital has thousands of). :p

Back