Problem With New Drmd?

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Just tried the new beta 5, but something's wrong: When I click into "megadrive", there are no roms showing, and there is no option to rescan the rom directory. Furthermore, the only 2 clickable options in the megadrive menu are menu.opt and romlist.bin. It's the same in the other directories as well.

I don't really know what the problem is, but I'd really love to go back to beta 3 (the most recent version with sms support). Where can I find it?

thanks all.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:10 PM said:
Just tried the new beta 5, but something's wrong: When I click into "megadrive", there are no roms showing, and there is no option to rescan the rom directory. Furthermore, the only 2 clickable options in the megadrive menu are menu.opt and romlist.bin. It's the same in the other directories as well.

I don't really know what the problem is, but I'd really love to go back to beta 3 (the most recent version with sms support). Where can I find it?

thanks all.
You need to select the proper Rom directory and save it in the main menu under "save rom directory"

You don't scan the roms in this version, it just shows the files.

Select the two dots ". ." and keep selecting them until you see the root of the SD, then go into roms/megadrive as normal.

If you see your games, back out to the main menu and select the option "save rom directory" or something like that.

Read the Readme too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the problem with the rom directory 'sticking' also. you can't select a new directory, right? it was just hardcoded to drmdx/md in my case. You can fix that temporarily by looking in the folder it loads into and delete the menu.opt and romlist.bin files. The problem would come back for me though when I tried to save the folder again. I had that issue on b4, when i installed b5, it worked fine from then on. So, maybe you should just delete it and reinstall it.

Maybe that'll work for you.

I read the readme, and still have no idea what's going on.

I was able to find all my games again, but this releases seems like its a lot more work to find the game, since you have to click the ".." 3 times, go to the rom folder, go to the megadrive or sms folder, blah blah blah.

I liked the previous version where I just scanned and there they were.

Someone must have a copy of beta 3?....

edit: I think I got it solved...for now :)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 18 2006 at 10:23 AM said:
I was able to find all my games again, but this releases seems like its a lot more work to find the game, since you have to click the ".." 3 times, go to the rom folder, go to the megadrive or sms folder, blah blah blah.

but you only have to do that once...after that you save your romdir and it works just like before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back