Problem With My Gp32 (not Gp2x)

christo930

I have a GP32 running the original rom and I have been having problems with it the last couple of days. It all started when I tried to put the latest versin of dr md (b8) released new years day. I also tried to put on ghostpix and black tiger. Black tiger used to run but no more, it reboots the GP32 without starting. I put the card in the card reader and ran the game in gepee 32 (pc gp32 emulator) and it ran fine, right from the card. DRmd is quirky and it even messed up the roms and I had to run chkdsk /f to fix it. I tried formatting the card (which is only about 6 months old)Ghost pix gives the folllowing error
Fenix runtime error 1
tipo de letra incorrecto (-1)
press any key to reboot

I usually use a card reader/writer but I thought maybe it was a problem with that so I hooked it up directly to the pc wit the cable. Everything else seems to work ok. Electronica, mame 2.3, xcade, gp2600,castaway, gpengine... all seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas? Is there some sort of settings area of ram that needs to be cleared (like a corrupt cmos)? are there any diagnostic tools for a GP32?

I have recharged the batteries and tried alkaline just in case there was a voltage problem of some sort.

Chris

There's not really a CMOS but firmware (it's the same idea)
In your case i think that the old (and now fixed) drmd corrupted your smc.
You did the right thing by formatting it but did you use a special formatting program? (see filearchive)
If not, try it!

There's also a chance that you didn't put all the needed (fenix?) files in the right place.
I advise you to make a copy of your entire SMC on your HD from now on so you can copy it back after reformatting. This then rules out incorrect and/or corrupt (re)placed files.

Are you sure it is the smc? do you have any other smc cards to test it with. I say this because my Gp32 was having firmware problems (among others) which limited a lot of programs that i could run. I cant guarantee that this is the problem, but just a suggestion.

Back