Problem With Mamegp2x 4.7

AnsemDarkRuler

Still Fresh
Hey. It has been quite awhile since I last posted here(my last login was May 2006)...or used a GP2X for that matter. I feel like a noob again...haha!

Anyway, I finally fixed my old GP2X that I got quite awhile ago when I 1st joined here..its a First Edition. So anyway I went out and bought a 2GIG card today so I could play some of my Neo Geo games I own on the go.

I downloaded MAMEgp2X 4.7 and the emulator boots up alright but then I get an error stating that there are no games on the card when I have the neo geo bios file and a zipped rom of metal slug 3(the one I am trying to use) on the roms folder. So my question is simply...how can I get this emulator working? What is causing this error?

Any help with getting this working would be great.

Thanks

Wrong version of the rom of you are using Neo Geo.

Metal Slug 3 is not supported for GP2X Mame ;)

Hey. Alright I put Metal Slug 1 in the rom folder as well.. and your right that was found. Now my next problem is I have the bios zip folder unzipped and zipped in the roms folder as it should be I believe. Now my problem is I get an error when its trying to load the game...I get:

Unable to open ROM
Error reading ROMS
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press A button....

What am I missing now? Or doing wrong?

AnsemDarkRuler said:
Hey. Alright I put Metal Slug 1 in the rom folder as well.. and your right that was found. Now my next problem is I have the bios zip folder unzipped and zipped in the roms folder as it should be I believe. Now my problem is I get an error when its trying to load the game...I get:

Unable to open ROM
Error reading ROMS
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press A button....

What am I missing now? Or doing wrong?
Now you have the incorrect rom, you need a complete pack for mame gp2x
Use google, is easy to find, and in this same forum ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA!!! I see my problem now...thank you!!

I was using MAME roms when I should have been using neo geo roms!!! DOH!!

well, my re-noobness really showed there :p

Thanks a bunch!!

One more question....will newer neo geo games such as Metal Slug 3 and such ever be supported?

no but i'll give it a try.

I think im going to get a white F-200 model GP2X as this First Edition is cool but the stick really does blow I must admit.

Back