Problem mounting SD

agent_orange

Still Fresh
I am having problems mounting one of my SD cards. It appears on my desktop but with a funny name. I cannot access any files but when trying to mount manually I get the error seen in the screenie I attached. Anyone has any ideas?

The SD card seems fine on my laptop so I doubt it has been corrupted.

View attachment 213

I am having problems mounting one of my SD cards. It appears on my desktop but with a funny name. I cannot access any files but when trying to mount manually I get the error seen in the screenie I attached. Anyone has any ideas?

View attachment 213
What SD card are you using if its a microsd card via a sd card adapter those dont work well, if its a regukar sd card copy your data to pc format the card and add files again manually add a few files and see if it works, did you change any files or added anything new just before the problem occured try the other sd card slot,I am sure if a message pops up its not a major problem and is fixable for sure i have not come across such message, but someone will reply soon and give you the technical side of it

bye

007jaws

screen110222-232951.png
What SD card are you using if its a microsd card via a sd card adapter those dont work well, if its a regukar sd card copy your data to pc format the card and add files again manually add a few files and see if it works, did you change any files or added anything new just before the problem occured try the other sd card slot,I am sure if a message pops up its not a major problem and is fixable for sure i have not come across such message, but someone will reply soon and give you the technical side of it

bye

007jaws

Its a normal SD card. In fact I have been using it for some time. Then I was tethering with my mobile to get net access, opened my browser which was located on the SD card that became troublesome, then boom! Yes I agree it is very easy to fix this problem i.e simply backup the contents then reformat, I just wondered if there was an explanation or a solution that could be used on the Pandora itself.

I currently have exactly the same problem. I ejected the SD-card from the Pandora, inserted it into my laptop that runs Ubuntu, copied a bunch of files to the card, unmounted cleanly and inserted it back into the Pandora and it fails to mount properly ever since.

In the filemanager I see the name has changed from SD/MMC Drive to "_PNG" followed a weird character showing 001A in a square and in mtab I see something that looks like multibyte encoding (e.g. \012) but then followed by a weird character showing 001A in a square where one would expect the devicename and mountpoint.

The "df" command shows the SD-card even when it's not inserted as "/dev/mmcblk1p1 7742684 2506284 5236400 /media/(?)PNG" followed by the 001A character on the next line. Where (?) is a single character showing a ? on a white vertical ellipse.

A reboot does not help and the SD-card is perfectly readable in laptop with Ubuntu.

For completeness (and the search function) I'll note the error description in File Manager: Cannot get volume.fstype.alternative.

:blink:

Edit: I've made a backup of the SD-card on to the laptop. Removed the partition, created a new partition, formatted it and inserted the SD-card into the Pandora again. Now it's working again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello ! I'm running on Ubuntu Natty, and it happened to me the exact thing when I wanted to copy some files to my Pandora :huh:

I will format, thanks ;)

Back