1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Problem mounting SD

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by agent_orange, Feb 23, 2011.

1. agent_orange

agent_orange Still Fresh

I am having problems mounting one of my SD cards. It appears on my desktop but with a funny name. I cannot access any files but when trying to mount manually I get the error seen in the screenie I attached. Anyone has any ideas?

The SD card seems fine on my laptop so I doubt it has been corrupted.

View attachment 213

2. 007jaws

007jaws Member

What SD card are you using if its a microsd card via a sd card adapter those dont work well, if its a regukar sd card copy your data to pc format the card and add files again manually add a few files and see if it works, did you change any files or added anything new just before the problem occured try the other sd card slot,I am sure if a message pops up its not a major problem and is fixable for sure i have not come across such message, but someone will reply soon and give you the technical side of it

bye

007jaws

3. agent_orange

agent_orange Still Fresh

Its a normal SD card. In fact I have been using it for some time. Then I was tethering with my mobile to get net access, opened my browser which was located on the SD card that became troublesome, then boom! Yes I agree it is very easy to fix this problem i.e simply backup the contents then reformat, I just wondered if there was an explanation or a solution that could be used on the Pandora itself.

4. lambertus

lambertus Still Fresh

I currently have exactly the same problem. I ejected the SD-card from the Pandora, inserted it into my laptop that runs Ubuntu, copied a bunch of files to the card, unmounted cleanly and inserted it back into the Pandora and it fails to mount properly ever since.

In the filemanager I see the name has changed from SD/MMC Drive to "_PNG" followed a weird character showing 001A in a square and in mtab I see something that looks like multibyte encoding (e.g. \012) but then followed by a weird character showing 001A in a square where one would expect the devicename and mountpoint.

The "df" command shows the SD-card even when it's not inserted as "/dev/mmcblk1p1 7742684 2506284 5236400 /media/(?)PNG" followed by the 001A character on the next line. Where (?) is a single character showing a ? on a white vertical ellipse.

A reboot does not help and the SD-card is perfectly readable in laptop with Ubuntu.

For completeness (and the search function) I'll note the error description in File Manager: Cannot get volume.fstype.alternative.

:blink:

Edit: I've made a backup of the SD-card on to the laptop. Removed the partition, created a new partition, formatted it and inserted the SD-card into the Pandora again. Now it's working again...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
  5. shideneyu

shideneyu Still Fresh

Hello ! I'm running on Ubuntu Natty, and it happened to me the exact thing when I wanted to copy some files to my Pandora :huh:

I will format, thanks ;)