Probability Of Running Uae?

emuola

Still Fresh
Howdy.

couldn't find any info concerning this one, so here I am.
Do you think GP2X will have suffícient "horsepower" to run UAE? If it's possible/probable I'll definitely order one of those lovely gadgets :)

well, its unlikely, but it may be possible to get some games running at decent speed.
dont the dc have some amiga emu running at good speed?

edit: indeed it do, so it should also be possible at gp2x, in fact the gp2x should even be a bit more powerfull for emulation than the dreamcast.

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.html

Chui? Will you try to port uae4all? :)

Well, the idea was always scoffed at for the GP32 because of the Amiga's co-processors, but the GP2X has a dual CPU so perhaps the burden can be shared between them in a similar way...?

I'd love to see this one! Perhaps a more technical member could fill us in on the specs?

®

ive got a half assed conversion of UAE on my 200mhz PPC, and it dont run too shabbyly at all.

well documented how flabby windows PPC2003 is so in the hands of a decent coder and depended on the level of accessability to the hardware i look forward to good things..

And of corse theres already a uae port for linux

There's a pretty respectable version of UAE running on the PSP, so I guess there's hope.

Personally, this would be very near the top of my 'most wanted' list, and could well even be what finally makes me take the plunge with a 2x.

Having said that, if skeezix ports his excellent ST emulator caSTaway to the 2x (and why not - he's ported it to pretty much everything else!), that would cover an awful lot of the games I'd like to be playing.

Fellow run great on small PC configurations...
uae is too big for running well (full frame rate) on gp2x or psp...

beb posted on Sep 28 2005 at 01:54 PM said:
Fellow run great on small PC configurations...
uae is too big for running well (full frame rate) on gp2x or psp...

Fellow was still being ported to C last time I checked, maybe once done it could be ported. An amiga emulator on the gp2x would be great, definately my most wanted emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, for the gp2x I Was rather figuring to tackle these three things..

1) CaSTaway :)
2) ScummVM
3) UAE

But it depends what everyone else is up to.

I'll be doing CaSTaway regardless, as well as Hatari and STonX and my own TosEmu and the merger of all of them into one fat mega-ST-emu :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Sep 28 2005 at 04:09 PM said:
Well, for the gp2x I Was rather figuring to tackle these three things..

1) CaSTaway :)
2) ScummVM
3) UAE

But it depends what everyone else is up to.

I'll be doing CaSTaway regardless, as well as Hatari and STonX and my own TosEmu and the merger of all of them into one fat mega-ST-emu :)

jeff

Sounds great to me :)

I think Amiga is doable if the co-processors and sound can be done on the separate core and if Cyclone is used. :)

emuola posted on Sep 28 2005 at 08:49 AM said:
Howdy.

couldn't find any info concerning this one, so here I am.
Do you think GP2X will have suffícient "horsepower" to run UAE? If it's possible/probable I'll definitely order one of those lovely gadgets :)

it should be possible also in GP32, thanks to Cyclone asm core.

Franxis posted on Sep 28 2005 at 08:13 PM said:
it should be possible also in GP32, thanks to Cyclone asm core.

And should be even more doable if an older version of UAE is used (0.7.6 for example)

gp2xsuper3jm.jpg

:lol: I await the day when I can play superfrog on the gp2x (hopefully soon) :p

Amiga emulation is at the top of my gp2x wish list. There are so many great games for that platform :)

i grew up with amaiga, i love that system and i hope to god i will have UAE for gp2x!

Eolair posted on Sep 28 2005 at 11:30 PM said:
Amiga emulation is at the top of my gp2x wish list. There are so many great games for that platform :)
Really? Your sig beg to differ ;p

Yuglooc posted on Sep 29 2005 at 02:21 AM said:
Eolair posted on Sep 28 2005 at 11:30 PM said:
Really? Your sig beg to differ ;p

Really? ;) :p

i love your sig Eolair! so cool. i still have my amigas (a500 and 1000, os1.3)

Back