Pro Evo 6 Is An Xbox 360 Exclusive

Huxley posted on Aug 27 2006 at 11:44 PM said:
sensible GP32 posted on Aug 24 2006 at 12:56 AM said:
ps2 and xbox

PS2 only I think. MS are trying hard to force Xbox owners to upgrade here <_<
stupid bastarding Microsoft.

I only have an Xbox and GC (no PS2) and cant afford a 360 at the moment. Looks like I'll have to get the goddamn PC version instead then.

Last edited by a moderator:
This 360 exclusivity has been majorly overblown.

- As has already been said, PES6 will still be appearing on the PS2, PSP and PC.

- Microsoft said exclusivity for 1 year, when the agreement is actually only until the end of the year. There is no chance of a delay for PES7 on the PS3 because of this.

- Winning Eleven 11 can be released whenever. With the PS3 being multi-region, it could be on the PS3 sooner than you think. Konami say PS3 development has a long way to go yet though (hence the delay and calls of exclusivity for the 360).

- This being said, we are unlikey to see PES6 on the PS3 (360 PES is essentially standard gen PES6 with nice graphics), and instead we will get a true next gen PES in summer 2007.

Kop_007 posted on Aug 28 2006 at 12:29 PM said:

Perhaps, but for those of us that only have an original Xbox it means we'd either have to buy a PS2, a 360 or make do with the PC version. A PS2 might be a lot cheaper but seems like a waste of money this late in the game, and the PC version isn't really a viable alternative for the front room/couch scenario. So a 360 it is then.

I'm a bit pissed off about MS saying 12 months though. I mean, that isn't spin. It's just lying.

EDIT: Konami have said they're in the process of making a PS3 version of PES, but that it wouldn't be ready for launch anyway. So I'd imagine they'd be planning to release a new version of WE early next year on the PS3, which we'll probably see mid-late next year in Europe. Even so, the 360 seems like the right choice upgrading from an Xbox and we'll get to play PES6 in the meantime...hmm.

Huxley posted on Aug 28 2006 at 05:23 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Aug 28 2006 at 12:29 PM said:

Perhaps, but for those of us that only have an original Xbox it means we'd either have to buy a PS2, a 360 or make do with the PC version. A PS2 might be a lot cheaper but seems like a waste of money this late in the game, and the PC version isn't really a viable alternative for the front room/couch scenario. So a 360 it is then.

I'm a bit pissed off about MS saying 12 months though. I mean, that isn't spin. It's just lying.

EDIT: Konami have said they're in the process of making a PS3 version of PES, but that it wouldn't be ready for launch anyway. So I'd imagine they'd be planning to release a new version of WE early next year on the PS3, which we'll probably see mid-late next year in Europe. Even so, the 360 seems like the right choice upgrading from an Xbox and we'll get to play PES6 in the meantime...hmm.
I still havent decided. Buying a 360 now would feel like I was rewarding Microsoft for their shitty business practices. Screwing over Xbox owners.

Sony never did this- The first couple of PES games on the PS2 also came out for the PSone too.

I might just have to put up with the PC version for now. And play multiplayer at my mates. Not ideal though.

declaration posted on Aug 28 2006 at 10:53 AM said:
I still havent decided. Buying a 360 now would feel like I was rewarding Microsoft for their shitty business practices. Screwing over Xbox owners.

Buy one and mod it then. Screw over Microsoft.

speedmike posted on Aug 28 2006 at 01:33 AM said:
Good thing I don't like sports games or soccer!
I second to that. As if there weren´t enough football games out...

Its ridiculous how you´re all wailing, you think you have a right to have your favourite games released for your consoles. Blaming Microsoft when a THIRD PARTY Publisher decides not to port their game to the XBOX? Don´t make me laugh. <_<

Fishbong posted on Aug 29 2006 at 05:02 PM said:
speedmike posted on Aug 28 2006 at 01:33 AM said:
Good thing I don't like sports games or soccer!
I second to that. As if there weren´t enough football games out...

Its ridiculous how you´re all wailing, you think you have a right to have your favourite games released for your consoles. Blaming Microsoft when a THIRD PARTY Publisher decides not to port their game to the XBOX? Don´t make me laugh. <_<
dont be ridiculous-
Microsoft will have paid Konami to not port it- so that Xbox owners have to upgrade. That is the only reason they are not releasing an xbox version when they are releasing a PS2 version. If the game was technically too advanced for the xbox or if Konami genuinely thought there wasnt enough of a market for a port, that would be fine. As it is, MS is artificially keeping the game from us.

And if you dont like football games, fair enough, but we dont need to hear about it in this thread.

declaration posted on Aug 29 2006 at 06:14 PM said:
dont be ridiculous-
Microsoft will have paid Konami to not port it- so that Xbox owners have to upgrade. That is the only reason they are not releasing an xbox version when they are releasing a PS2 version. If the game was technically too advanced for the xbox or if Konami genuinely thought there wasnt enough of a market for a port, that would be fine. As it is, MS is artificially keeping the game from us.

And if you dont like football games, fair enough, but we dont need to hear about it in this thread.
They can do what they want. It's up to Konami what they do and if they want to receive money from Microsoft to make a game 360 exclusive then that is their prerogative.

Fishbong posted on Aug 29 2006 at 05:02 PM said:
They can do what they want. It's up to Konami what they do and if they want to receive money from Microsoft to make a game 360 exclusive then that is their prerogative.

This isn't just a one way thing. I'd imagine it was Microsoft who initiated the deal and without their intervention the possibility of a version of Pro Evo 6 (and FIFA, for that matter) would have been...well...possible. I can't blame Konami for taking the cash; sales of the Xbox version would never hope to match the PS2 anyway, so it's hardly much trouble for them. But if Microsoft really wanted to support original Xbox owners, they'd have written in a port as part of the deal. And not shut down their live service. And actually release some games.

Xbox = big fugly paperweight.

Back