Prince has died.

That's a shame. He might not mean that much to me since the 80s, and I haven't listened to any of his last 25 albums or so - it's been hard to keep up when he keeps releasing two a year. But there's at least two classic albums in his discography from the mid 80s alone.

I haven't yet read up on the details of his death, as I am sure I will hear plenty about it from others, but I wonder why he died.
My guess is he was partying like it's 1999.

oh nos!
he was a big part of the 80's music cosmos.
thanks for some really iconic tracks. rip, prince!

I thought he wanted to be called love symbol? Why everyone calls him Prince suddenly?
I always thought that was due to a disagreement with a record company that he was under contract with, or something like that. It made sense to me that he found a loophole so that he could continue to release and perform without them being able to have their hands in it (creatively, or the profit).

Prince stopped being The Artist Formerly Known as Prince and became The Artist Formerly Known As 'The Artist Formerly Known as Prince' back in 2000. Or just Prince for short. But yeah, that was tied into his contract with Warner expiring.

Hm, the spotlight seems to shorten the life span quite a bit, another one not having reached old age.

Why does he look so bright in later photos?
Was it due to illness or did he have the Michael Jackson bleaching?

I haven't noticed, but it might be down to camera firmware getting better at lighting skin tones appropriately. In the old days where you had a separate light meter or an in-built one, the camera would just end up exposed for ambient light, and people with darker skin would end up underlit.

It could be the Alcohol that preserved Keith Richards. :D
Rumours say, there were Hieroglyphs found in ancient egypt Pyramids that tell about a Rolling Stones Concert...

Back