Pre-orders, One Week Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_man316

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I just can't believe it's only a week away, how time fly's. Is anyone else constantly checking the boards hoping for the onslaught of pics/video's?

Yes.

Unfortunately, the information flow seems to have slowed down.
The calm before the storm, perhaps?

That's my hope. I, like many other's, are eagerly awaiting the day we get all of those.

I'm in no way complaining or bugging, I know there is a lot that has to come together right now.

They're essentially trying to sell a product 2 months before it's even finalized in order to get the pre-orders so I'm sure it's difficult getting things to look finalized right now.

Still, I think the anticipation is building...

It is sort of funny(/ disconcerting) that people, myself included, are about to put hundreds of dollars down on a system that no one's really seen in its final form.

Sort of awesome. I, for one, am glad to be a guinea pig for the Pandora project!

geo12 said:
It is sort of funny(/ disconcerting) that people, myself included, are about to put hundreds of dollars down on a system that no one's really seen in its final form.
The nerd rage that will arise if they do slip the deadline will be felt by Ben Kenobi in a galaxy far far away...

And better they do slip the deadline than ship a not yet ready product. Steel yourself for this possibility folks... Giving a date of delivery for a yet unfinished product is speculative at best. Having a pre-order is no guarantee you'll be holding a Pandora by Christmas.

If my hesitancy means I don't get in until the second batch, then so be it...

Last edited by a moderator:
All I hope for is that I get one before this quarter ends, so basically just before Christmas.

If that's not met, then I can only hope it has no negative effect on how well I do on my classes next quarter.

I've been checking twice everyday for updates for several months. (I didn't register until later.)

geo12 said:
...and that the 3000 OMAP processors have not been ordered. Pre-ordering and asking for them in advance does not count. There is no shipping order and not paid invoice for them.

So maybe the 3000 pre-orders bring the money in to buy the chips?

Which manufacturer has been chosen to do the builds? do they crank out some for inspection first, or does a big lever gets pulled and the 3000 start popping out? I don't know.

*shrugs* I'm looking forward to holding the hardware in my hands more than anything... the software will come in time, and is easy toget ahold of, it's just the hardware is needed first :)

Yeah, can't wait and all, but I would really like to see some more pre-production cases, the thing actually playing a game, and a GUI soon. Then again, no one's even let us know how the preorders are gonna work, anyways. :rolleyes:

I can't wait as well. It was supposed to be for my B-Day over 3 months ago :p (as in my ONLY present(which I have not received))

Fat Agnus said:
geo12 said:
...and that the 3000 OMAP processors have not been ordered. Pre-ordering and asking for them in advance does not count. There is no shipping order and not paid invoice for them.

So maybe the 3000 pre-orders bring the money in to buy the chips?

Which manufacturer has been chosen to do the builds? do they crank out some for inspection first, or does a big lever gets pulled and the 3000 start popping out? I don't know.

But they have ordered them.

FA acts like he works in TI's shipping department. Do you, FA? If you have some proof that craigix hasn't ordered them, why don'y you share it? (not that I really care)

GunPei2X said:
FA acts like he works in TI's shipping department. Do you, FA? If you have some proof that craigix hasn't ordered them, why don'y you share it? (not that I really care)
You don't care but you care enough to write a response telling folks you don't care. Ok. Here's a good URL to not care enough to read about... if you cared to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof

I hope we get to see more before preorders. I would like to see at lest some attempt at an interface as well as a put together pandora.

When press details come out I am going to shoot an email to all my favorite people of the press. So I think press info is important, along with photos and nicely edited videos.

Fat Agnus said:
You don't care but you care enough to write a response telling folks you don't care.
Let me clarify: I don't really care whether the boards have been ordered yet or not, however your continued smug, evasive posts about the matter (like this one) do annoy me. Why not back up your claim?

This is an excellent way to get a thread locked. If there were a textbook on this stuff, this discussion would be in it.

Not that I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back