Pre-orders Confirmed For 30th Sept

atomicthumbs said:
How excellent, my paypal and my money jar contain exactly $340 at this point. :)
oh but it's paypal.
the day you need your money is the day they close your account for no reason at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
magicman5421 said:
oh but it's paypal.
the day you need your money is the day they close your account for no reason at all.
I've had that. "Either you or someone else tried to repeatedly gain access to this account, so it's now blocked until you can prove your identity.". "How do I do that?" "We'll need a driving license or passport, official bill, and a bank statement.". "Not a chance, close the account.". "We can't do that until you can prove your identity.". Cue several months of arguing; they wouldn't even withdraw the funds from the paypal account into the bank they already had on file. In the end I faxed them a heavily edited version of what they requested, They complained, I made an official complaint stating I wasn't sending any further information over an open phone line or postal service, and they finally let me have my account back some weeks later after "further review". Now I withdraw money as soon as there is something in there (which isn't very often)

dak said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Finally, confirmation! Great news indeed. Now I just wanna know when the "early" preorder is for us members, 'cause that's what I'll be getting for damn sure. :D

Also, will we be able to pay for/select shipping options when we preorder, too? That'd be nice, so we wouldn't have to go through this twice.

I think they should wait a little longer to perfect the pandora. I think pre-orders should start like July 1, 2009.

Sounds like a good plan, we can take a product that's ready to ship, forgo the possibility of holiday season sales, and sit on it for absolutely no reason and delay until next year. :rolleyes:

Go back to your bridge, Mr. Troll.

Woohoo! I was worried pre-orders might have been on the 15th...I might have had some issues then, but I should (hopefully) be able to preorder by the 30th...if not then though, I'm screwed. I doubt that pre-orders will be available for much after the 30th. I imagine the first 3000 units will go pretty darn fast.

Just read somewhere that emails regarding ordering when it is available will be sent out in the order that people signed up. So i take it you can't just monitor the site, you can only actually order through an email link?

silvercroc said:
Just read somewhere that emails regarding ordering when it is available will be sent out in the order that people signed up. So i take it you can't just monitor the site, you can only actually order through an email link?
No. This one of a thousand things that was taken the wrong way. All email notifications will be sent out simultaneously. When ordering opens up, it's first come, first serve. That's it.

I intend to be monitoring the site starting on the evening of 29 Sept to ensure the moment I am able to get my preorder in I will be assured I can get my hands on a unit. My Paypal account is all ready to go. I might be ordering a couple SDHC cards and another Motorola HT820 Headset to be ready for when my unit arrives in the post. Thank God I'm finished college and am not poor anymore!!

I hope the early preorder thing is still a go, I assume it is as Craig talked about doing it between the 15th and the 30th. I'm still curious as to how many units will be available at the limited preorder; it obviously can't be all of them, perhaps a few hundred? Should be interesting.

Totally going to pre-order. Gonna wait online starting the 29th to make sure, even gonna set one alarm clock to UK time just to get this thing for sure. That kinda sounds a little stupid/crazy, but it must be done. (I draw the line at actually taking a day off work to order :D)

I was worried at first that buying from the first batch of units would be risky cause of what happened with the gp2x, but I think that wont be a problem, and it would be ace to have a first edition of something that will be as historically asskicking as Pandora. Now I wonder when decent 32GB sdhc cards are gonna get a little cheaper...

CraigX does that mean a Aussie like myself can preorder?

What sort of payment methods can I use paypal?

I have the cash now to pay for it.

joshwaan2k said:

Umm...
Craig said:
It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey
You may be SOL, man.

CronoTriggerfan said:
joshwaan2k said:

Umm...
Craig said:
It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey

You may be SOL, man.
I hope not, Craigx could you make an exception for us Aussie folk please...

I have my Pro Plus, Matchsticks, Bed of nails and a HUGE tin of Nescafe ready for the 29th. :rolleyes:

Race you all for them. :D

EDIT: Oh, And i`ve super glued my eye lids to my forehead too, So neh. :p

Trooper

But if it's just us who buy the 3000 how will th rest of the world know about it...?

I say, forum members should be banned from buying until the third or fourth batch.

joshwaan2k said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
joshwaan2k said:

Umm...
Craig said:

You may be SOL, man.
I hope not, Craigx could you make an exception for us Aussie folk please...

I'm an Aussie, and although it is unfortunate there is no official Aussie outlet, I plan to just order straight from GBAX, as I've done with GP32's and my GP2X :)

im going to be in greece on the 30th, on the second day of a 1 week holiday there.
fortuneatly my father is going to let me take his laptop with me, for the sole purpose of pre-ordering a pandora.

although i suspect there will still be some left when i return to the uk (5th oct) im not willing to risk it i dont think.

CronoTriggerfan said:
+1 for early preorders for the forums (I hope)! :D
I feel the same, I may not be around for the 30th, so an early pre-order would be bloody fantastic!

Back