Please Update The Website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleng

When and where can I buy it?
It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey.

Can this PLEASE be amended? It's THREE MONTHS out of date now and makes the whole thing look very unprofessional!

I think it all boils down to the fact, that it is just not important enough to spend much time on those things right now. The focus is clearly to get a perfect product ready and after thatget the rest straight. Even if it looks unprofessional right now, nobody cares much. The only thing you can do to convince people of professionality is by making a good product. Who would care, if the info on the site is up to date? They would just say: "Yeah, nice site, but where is the product?"

I'm with Mali on This

The Product before the website

Ensuring Pandora is perfect now takes precedent

If it was a cool looking website and no product there would be loads of people claiming it was a con

You feel for the devs - poor buggers can't win either way

Cherrypal had the same problems, delays, supply problems etc, people where claiming it was a con, but last I heard they where shipping units and some people where posting about em, although I just googled and the first post I found was a user warning not to change your user name until they have updated it or it gets bricked...duh!, at least it proves it`s real....I guess.

they have a "cool" website btw

Linsars Pocket Surfer 2 has a "cool" flash website too, I own one, but it isn`t as good as they make out (thin client and 256 colour screen, no sound, no video, no flash or interaction worth anything), imo it`s more of a misguided gimmick than an actual tool

Pleng said:
Can this PLEASE be amended? It's THREE MONTHS out of date now and makes the whole thing look very unprofessional!

Why does it need to be amended? That when pre-orders started, and the december update clearly states the latest ordering information, ie, if you want to order one, join the mailing list and you will be told when there are some available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Pleng said:

Why does it need to be amended? That when pre-orders started, and the december update clearly states the latest ordering information, ie, if you want to order one, join the mailing list and you will be told when there are some available.
It's a little thing called professionalism. When asking a question about a 'when can I...?' with a date in the past wreaks of unprofessionalism or, even worse, and abandoned project (though the December Update lays the 'abandoned project' possibility to rest - though two bits of conflicting information on the same page adds to the unprofessional factor) If they've got anything like a decent content management system, it should take two seconds to change it, so it's not going to interfere with any production timescales!

I'll even propose a revised paragraph:

The majority of the first run of Pandora's have already been pre-purchased. There may however be a few made available shortly (see 'December Update', to the right). If you would like to be made aware when units are made available then make sure you sign up to our mailing list

God I love this board. I wonder what other things you guys will come up with to complain about.

Pleng said:

The majority of the first run of Pandora's have already been pre-purchased. There may however be a few made available shortly (see 'December Update', to the right). If you would like to be made aware when units are made available then make sure you sign up to our mailing list

Shouldn't it be "to the left" ? To the right is the press releases.

I still see no reason to change it however, it states the original order date, along with a log to the left that the pre-orders have since all been filled and the latest information. When there are more available then sure, change the text, but until then I feel it's a little redundant as no one can buy one yet anyway.

Kayday said:
God I love this board. I wonder what other things you guys will come up with to complain about.

I'm expecting the box to come next. "A plain white box looks unprofessional. You should spend thousands of pounds on a glossy fancy looking box so the handful of reviewers go 'wow! look at this box!' whilst the rest of the users go 'pretty!' and throw it in the trash...".

well the thing is that people want more feedback.
what i'd propose is, as head press guy, chip should be able to update the blog/website.
That way there'd be more regular updates, not just when the devs got the time.
i respect enormously the fact that they're extremely busy, so give the pr job to the pr guy.

Squidge said:
I'm expecting the box to come next. "A plain white box looks unprofessional. You should spend thousands of pounds on a glossy fancy looking box so the handful of reviewers go 'wow! look at this box!' whilst the rest of the users go 'pretty!' and throw it in the trash...".
WHAT? NO FANCY BOX? I'm not ordering one now!!! :lol:

They could ship the thing in a grocery bag for all I care.

I'm still going to do an unboxing on youtube. Even if it's in a FedEx box.

Gruso said:
Won't somebody please think of the Youtube unboxers. :(
Am I the only one who thinks that people who video the unboxing process are a bit sad? And that the kind of people who avidly watch such tripe are even sadder?

D.

I'll tweak it in the morning, need to get some of the new links and videos which have been around on this forum on there too, so I'll hit it all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back