Pre-ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_r

When it comes to the time to pre order, will you (the panda team) be taking the full price, or just a deposit with the rest of the money closer to release.

I just ask this as when the pre-orders are finally announced it'll be quite unlikely that people will just have £200 lying around but will still want to get in on the first batch (myself included)

I really hope this thread doesn't get locked and someone actually answers these questions. If the team isn't going to be talking about a date due to release inconsistency, fine, but at least let us know how much we'll have to put down and where it's going to take place.

Though, if you wanna give a date, I won't complain... ;)

CronoTriggerfan said:
I really hope this thread doesn't get locked and someone actually answers these questions. If the team isn't going to be talking about a date due to release inconsistency, fine, but at least let us know how much we'll have to put down and where it's going to take place.

dont matter about a precise date , a month would do

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I had same question Chris R had, could we pay some deposit and then in full once it's near it's release.

I got 250 dollars waiting for it so far :)

I dont understand why they have to be so secretive all the time............. If they give us more information the easier it will be for us to wait (at least that is how I feel). I know they are busy and all but you see what happens everytime they post a new video (A tread is made). I would acually like to see a video of them putting a pandora together.

-Spadoof :gp2x

wil hood said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Agreed. SOMETHING would be nice. I'm still assuming that the August preorder-September release still holds true, but I don't know if that's even in the cards at this point.

CronoTriggerfan said:
wil hood said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Agreed. SOMETHING would be nice. I'm still assuming that the August preorder-September release still holds true, but I don't know if that's even in the cards at this point.

The pre-order could well begin in August but i'm not expecting a September release. I wouldn't hold your breath for that if I was you. Perfection takes time and I imagine the team are getting tired of people continually asking them about the preorder and release dates.

I've $450 USD set aside already. That covers me for SD cards and the unit.
There should have been a megathread / sticky for this subject, so people would stop asking. This comes up about once to three times a week. The devs will update us on this in the blog, on the forums. Theres no point to asking about it until there is something to actually report.

assuming they don't answer, you could just do what i do when awaiting the release of a hot new piece of hardware or software: make either a wild or educated guess and plan (as best you can) around that. :D for example, i'm personally expecting a september preorder followed by an october or november release.

i liken it to waiting for summer to begin. you have a general idea of when it's going to start getting warmer and you won't have to scrape ice off your car for a while, but until that day actually arrives all you can do is check the forecast (ie this forum/openpandora.org) and keep waiting for it. :lol:

Birdeater said:
arnt they still working on a keyboard?
Hey, nice member number. B)

They're still finalising numerous things, hardware & software. I'm sure they'll be doing this right up until the point that the first batch is run and preorders open. Nothing to worry about, it's just the way it works.

You might have been misled by the recent keyboard layout voting thread. Ignore that, it didn't come from the devs.

Spadoof said:
I dont understand why they have to be so secretive all the time............. If they give us more information the easier it will be for us to wait (at least that is how I feel). I know they are busy and all but you see what happens everytime they post a new video (A tread is made). I would acually like to see a video of them putting a pandora together.

-Spadoof :gp2x
I don't think they've intentionally been trying to be secretive about everything. It's my understanding that the reason for the lack of information has been primarily NDA reasons, lack of time, and the developers simply not knowing the answer themselves (such as exactly when pre-orders will go up).

Gruso said:
Birdeater said:
arnt they still working on a keyboard?
Hey, nice member number. B)

They're still finalising numerous things, hardware & software. I'm sure they'll be doing this right up until the point that the first batch is run and preorders open. Nothing to worry about, it's just the way it works.

You might have been misled by the recent keyboard layout voting thread. Ignore that, it didn't come from the devs.

ah ok. And in regards to member number i totally just confused to for post count for a second...I was like "oh no they made a mistake" lol.

Concerning pre-orders i personally want this to come out as late as possible because i want it to get best revisions on technology or appearance or anything etc.( not that its looking mighty impressive now =) ). Also chances are ill be getting this during or close to christmass hehe. So you guys have to tell me alllll about the fun your having with em and how some of you hate the dead or stuck pixels(hopefully none!!!).

The preorder price will be the complete price, as it was with the GP2X.

We don't want to do a 'gp2x' on you and take preorders then keep you waiting for a crazy length of time.

Right now we are working on the software and tweaking things with the case and LCD cable.

On my desk (well, by desk i mean kitchen table), I have a real Pandora and it is astonishing. It is so small and compact I am excited in a geeky way.

I've decided to take some photos as it is so cool. The Pandora is so small that everyone I have shown it to has done one of those double take cartoon like looks at it, 'that is a real mini computer?'.

craigix said:
The preorder price will be the complete price, as it was with the GP2X.

We don't want to do a 'gp2x' on you and take preorders then keep you waiting for a crazy length of time.

Right now we are working on the software and tweaking things with the case and LCD cable.

On my desk (well, by desk i mean kitchen table), I have a real Pandora and it is astonishing. It is so small and compact I am excited in a geeky way.

I've decided to take some photos as it is so cool. The Pandora is so small that everyone I have shown it to has done one of those double take cartoon like looks at it, 'that is a real mini computer?'.
Awesome! :D Though I must say, if it's as small and awe-inspiring as you say it is, I'd much rather have it paid for and wait an eternity. Just knowing I've got one secured would let me sleep FAR more soundly at night! :p

Glad to hear Craig & Co. are working on software. I was starting to worry that they were neglecting that aspect.
I mean, sure, lotsa emulators are already working, but I'd like to see even a simple CLI, or some other types of programs running, like a web browser.

When are the photos going to be posted. My heart slowed down when I read that and I hit my quick link to openpandora.org on my bookmark toolbar, but no pics.

Are they just for the press?

Thanx,
Stan

second exodous said:
When are the photos going to be posted. My heart slowed down when I read that and I hit my quick link to openpandora.org on my bookmark toolbar, but no pics.

Are they just for the press?

Thanx,
Stan
Tomorrow?

Edit: As it's 5AM here in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back