Pre-order? No, Pre-dora!

basicmark

Still Fresh
As I was too impatient to wait for the Pandora to come out I decided to make my own :p !

The bag and screen (which will run from the S-Video out) are from a PS2 travel pack and the keyboard is an ultra miniature keyboard from ebuyer. The bag even has enough room under the keyboard for my ASUS Eee so I can dev on the move :). A front pocket holds all my USB dongles.

What do you think?

linuxhacker said:
What do you think?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is at once the most ghetto and most awesome thing I've seen this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
_Sterling said:
That is at once the most ghetto and most awesome thing I've seen this week!
I'd hesitate to call it the most ghetto thing I've seen all week (I've seen much more ghetto stuff and this week no less- this is what you'd expect out of a class-act casemodder...)- but it IS awesome all the same. :D

linuxhacker said:
As I was too impatient to wait for the Pandora to come out I decided to make my own :p !

The bag and screen (which will run from the S-Video out) are from a PS2 travel pack and the keyboard is an ultra miniature keyboard from ebuyer. The bag even has enough room under the keyboard for my ASUS Eee so I can dev on the move :). A front pocket holds all my USB dongles.

What do you think?

Cool. Can you post a shot that shows something with text - do you have a graphical desktop running? I'd like to get an idea of the resolution. Thanks.

I have to confess that the picture on the LCD is actual coming from my MP4 player as the pre-built kernel for the beagle board doesn’t have TV out. My first task is to compile a up to date kernel with TV out support.

As for the resolution I would expect that its something like 480 * 234 as it’s a TV panel with composite in and for only 20 quid I’m sure it’s not full TV res. While this sounds quite crap it should be enough for making a set top box GUI which is what I want my beagle to be. (I do have a HDMI->DVI cable if I want to do desktop stuff).

linuxhacker said:
I have to confess that the picture on the LCD is actual coming from my MP4 player
BUSTED!

;)

When you get some beagleboard I'd like to see a show and tell...

Back