Prdoom

wiggythebrave

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I can't seem to get doom to work. When I try to start , screen turns black then goes back to Gp2x menu screen.

I've taken the doom.wad file from my Ultimate Doom CD and put it in the prdoom folder and timidity.tar in the root.

Hope someone can help.

I've tried both, but still no joy.

If I use the one in the root, it goes straight to the main menu.

If I use the one in the prdoom folder screen goes black for about 10-12 seconds and then to main menu.

Edit: More info.

Use the PrBoom.gpe from the release. Is there a prboom.log.txt file in the prboom folder ? What's in it ? (you can read it with the GP2X's eBook reader).

I'm having the exact same problem. I put my doom2.wad into the prboom folder, but every time I run the .gpe file it takes me right back to the menu, even after formatting the card again.

I'm having the exact same problem. I put my doom2.wad into the prboom folder, but every time I run the .gpe file it takes me right back to the menu, even after formatting the card again.

I think the readme says only doom and doom1 work? Check the readme again, it only supports specific WADs. (I might be wrong now too)

Last edited by a moderator:
PrBoom should work with Doom II.
But again, if you use the PrBoom.gpe from the release. There must a prboom.log.txt file in the prboom folder. We can probably better help you if you tell use what's in it (you can read it with the GP2X's eBook reader).

Just wanted to check, is it possible to run music on the game. I am a bit confused as Wiki says use the timidity file, then goes on to say that it will not work. I have placed the file on the root of my sd card so it look like SD/timidity/timidity.tar.

I am I doing this right.

Thank you for this, when I download the original file it appeared on my desktop as one file. I did not realise that it contain files needed to be extracted. I found a programme that let me extract files and following your instructions I have been able to run music with the game. Thanks

PrBoom should work with Doom II.
But again, if you use the PrBoom.gpe from the release. There must a prboom.log.txt file in the prboom folder. We can probably better help you if you tell use what's in it (you can read it with the GP2X's eBook reader).

It says "./prboom no such file or directory" or something like that. The prboom.gpe that I am running is in the prboom folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back