Prboom Doesn't Work With 2.0.0?

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
Can't get Doom to work in 2.0.0
I have the .wad files, but when I want to start PrBoom, the GP2X boots the main menu. Anyone else got the same problem?

I think it's because gph does something to the kernel every firmware update...thus the developers need to make new versions every time.

Get the latest version...if it came out...

Um, all these emus work for me. Thay worked on FW 1.2.0, then I updated, and they still work.

FishyNes works fine for me... But eh... do the programmers of for example prboom do really have to make a new version every time?!

Does PrBoom work for you, TelcoLou?

NoidZ posted on Apr 30 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
FishyNes works fine for me... But eh... do the programmers of for example prboom do really have to make a new version every time?!

prboom works for me, both on doom 1 & doom 2 on firmware 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
joyrider posted on Apr 30 2006 at 07:40 PM said:
NoidZ posted on Apr 30 2006 at 06:29 PM said:

prboom works for me, both on doom 1 & doom 2 on firmware 2.0

Works for me too. I'm using the shareware .wad if that makes any difference to you Noidz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm...let me rephrase..The developers don't really NEED to make one optimized for each version, but that makes an aura of...unstability.

Does that make things a little bit clearer?

Well I can't get prBoom to work at all, it just goes black for a moment on launch and then kicks me back to the menu system. I tried the double buffer thing in the config file which Noidz suggested but it hasn't made any difference. Anyone got any ideas?

®

I also have the same problem, as well as SquidgeNES doing the same (but SquidgeNES has some text for split second which I can't read...) Also, here is a dump of my prBoom log txt: http://pastebin.ca/88901
SNES9x also shows teh first screen, the nwhen I press a button it says loading and then crashes...

Strange...

I hadn't noticed any other problems with anything else but prBoom, but I've just started from scratch again with my SD card...

I've never tried SquidgeNES, so I'll try that and some other stuff and report back...

®

I got SquidgeNES working, that was foolishness on my behalf, but PrBoom still pulls up blank.

Back