Prboom Compatible Wads

Vynx

Does anyone know where I could find wad files that are compatible with PrBoom? Finding doom mods is not a problem, but none of them seem to mention Prboom compatability - Will certain ones work regardless, or are there limitations?

Just to make it clear: I'm not interested in any of the commercial Wads, I was referring to player-made mods :)

I think you will find that if you search the forum you will find a similar thread from a couple weeks ago. The link that was provided was this one,
http://www.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/themes/

You will also find detailed instructions on how to create a script for running these wads.

By the way you will need the commercial wad to run the third party wad files.

I already have doom up and running, I was just looking for some player-made wads to expand it's playability - thanks for the link :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you will find that if you search the forum you will find a similar thread from a couple weeks ago. The link that was provided was this one,
http://www.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/themes/

You will also find detailed instructions on how to create a script for running these wads.

By the way you will need the commercial wad to run the third party wad files.

I already have doom up and running, I was just looking for some player-made wads to expand it's playability - thanks for the link :)

Here is a link to the thread that helped me getting the Simpsond wad working.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...0&hl=prboom

I urge you to try mine, it was featured in the GBAX 2006 competition, which you can look at by going to www.gbax.com and clicking the competition banner. Its called Ultimate Blood Patch for Doom/Doom 2 and the file is named UBPGP2X.ZIP. It comes with instructions, and was re-written expressly for PRBOOM and for the competition.

Please let me know what you think as alot of work went into it, and for some reason, although I've mentioned several times on these boards, no-one seems to care.

I was planning to do a follow-up as well but since I haven't heard any feedback, I haven't gotten around to it.

So if you are really looking for an original mod that has new music, sounds, graphics, animations, text, and new features for both games as well, let me know what you think.

DSR

That scripting works great, thanks guys :)

dsraa, i'll get yours later on and try it out aswell, although i've got enough doom wads to last a lifetime now :lol:

I urge you to try mine, it was featured in the GBAX 2006 competition, which you can look at by going to www.gbax.com and clicking the competition banner. Its called Ultimate Blood Patch for Doom/Doom 2 and the file is named UBPGP2X.ZIP. It comes with instructions, and was re-written expressly for PRBOOM and for the competition.

Please let me know what you think as alot of work went into it, and for some reason, although I've mentioned several times on these boards, no-one seems to care.

I was planning to do a follow-up as well but since I haven't heard any feedback, I haven't gotten around to it.

So if you are really looking for an original mod that has new music, sounds, graphics, animations, text, and new features for both games as well, let me know what you think.

DSR

I played the first two levels and it looks great. I figure if someone goes to all that trouble I can at least try it out and leave some feedback. Thanx alot for this I love playing Doom on the GP2X. By the way I didn't here any music do I have to do anything to enable the music?

You need to download Timidity and unzip it to the root of your SD card: the info and links are in the prboom readme.

Yeah.....
what Lobo said..

Timidity needs to be installed. Its quite easy to do, just download it, put it in the root directory, in its own folder, and reboot, and that's it. It should automatically work for any and all music for doom wads, addons, and TC's.

BTW , glad you like it so far...thanks for trying it.
DSR

Yeah.....
what Lobo said..

Timidity needs to be installed. Its quite easy to do, just download it, put it in the root directory, in its own folder, and reboot, and that's it. It should automatically work for any and all music for doom wads, addons, and TC's.

BTW , glad you like it so far...thanks for trying it.
DSR

That'd odd...I couldn't get Timidity to work that way, but when I put the files in the doom directory it worked fine.

DSR

I like your mod dsraa, some of the differences are very slight though and not having played doom in a long time I can only pin point the less sutle differences. I know I would like more Doom Mods as Its still a viable engine and still tons of fun. :)

DSR

I like your mod dsraa, some of the differences are very slight though and not having played doom in a long time I can only pin point the less sutle differences. I know I would like more Doom Mods as Its still a viable engine and still tons of fun. :)

Thankyou.

I agree in some sections it does seem slight. Playing it on ultra violence shows the most diffrence since you get to kill more things, so there's more blood, more corpses, and more bleeding objects. Plus there is more sounds that come from shooting things, interacting with things...and such.

Since I wrote it, all this stuff stands out to me as different....that's all.
If I was to continue work on it, I was going to change weapons, and redraw some of the items, aside from putting new levels in.
I have some ideas that I always wanted to try....:)

DSR

Back