Prboom.cfg File

boleje

Still Fresh
It is my understanding that the Caanoo port of prboom does not have the option for next/previous weapon selection. I am trying to alter the config file to be able to select the other weapons. Is it possible to map button combinations to key bindings? for instance, weapon 1 might be L+Y, weapon 2, L+X, etc. If so, any guidance on how to do this?

Thanks

boleje said:
It is my understanding that the Caanoo port of prboom does not have the option for next/previous weapon selection. I am trying to alter the config file to be able to select the other weapons. Is it possible to map button combinations to key bindings? for instance, weapon 1 might be L+Y, weapon 2, L+X, etc. If so, any guidance on how to do this?

Thanks

didnt the last version i released have at least one button that rotated the weapon selection...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I uploaded it seperately to the archive and you integrated it in the last release.

CKeichel said:
Yeah, I uploaded it seperately to the archive and you integrated it in the last release.

I downloaded the config file from openhandhelds.org, which has switch weapons mapped to the R bumper. But this seems to just alternate between two weapons, am I doing sometheing wrong? I am currently carrying chainsaw, pistol, shotgun and supershotgun. it seems to just alternate between the two shotguns.

Thanks

boleje said:
CKeichel said:

I downloaded the config file from openhandhelds.org, which has switch weapons mapped to the R bumper. But this seems to just alternate between two weapons, am I doing sometheing wrong? I am currently carrying chainsaw, pistol, shotgun and supershotgun. it seems to just alternate between the two shotguns.

Thanks

Just looked at it, you are doing nothing wrong, it seems, that the weapon_toggle in the config, which I mapped to the R-Button only toggles between the best and second best weapon. I don't have any idea, which keybinding you have to change, to get real weapon toggle, if you want to take a look in the cfg, change the keybinding to 0x72, to map it to the right shoulder button.

CKeichel said:
boleje said:
CKeichel said:

Thanks

Just looked at it, you are doing nothing wrong, it seems, that the weapon_toggle in the config, which I mapped to the R-Button only toggles between the best and second best weapon. I don't have any idea, which keybinding you have to change, to get real weapon toggle, if you want to take a look in the cfg, change the keybinding to 0x72, to map it to the right shoulder button.

From what I've read, I don't think any version of prboom has a next/prev weapon key option. Thats why I was wondering if they you could use button combos for a key binding, then each weapon could be selected by that button combo.

boleje said:
CKeichel said:
boleje said:
CKeichel said:

Thanks

From what I've read, I don't think any version of prboom has a next/prev weapon key option. Thats why I was wondering if they you could use button combos for a key binding, then each weapon could be selected by that button combo.

The wiz port im pretty sure had custom code to do weapon changing with the volume buttons, I just dont remember how I handled this in the caanoo version

Pickle said:
boleje said:
CKeichel said:
boleje said:
CKeichel said:

Thanks

The wiz port im pretty sure had custom code to do weapon changing with the volume buttons, I just dont remember how I handled this in the caanoo version

I do see that on the Wiz port...Let me know if you do recall at some point. I'm sure it must have been custom code if was incuded on the Caanoo port, as I don't see anything in he cfg file.

Thanks

Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought it might help you to know that the latest release of PrBoom+ (2.5.10) for the PC has next and previous weapons button mapping coded in now. Perhaps this version could be ported to the Caanoo? It has a lot of improvements over older builds in speed and functionality. :)

CaanDoo said:
Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought it might help you to know that the latest release of PrBoom+ (2.5.10) for the PC has next and previous weapons button mapping coded in now. Perhaps this version could be ported to the Caanoo? It has a lot of improvements over older builds in speed and functionality. :)

Hmmm, Where did you find that for PC? The only 2.5.1 version of prboom I could find was for the Amiga OS.

boleje said:
CaanDoo said:

Hmmm, Where did you find that for PC? The only 2.5.1 version of prboom I could find was for the Amiga OS.

you realize he is referring to prboom plus?

While on the subject of PrBoom, can someone explan how to launch custom Wad files with the caanoo - I`m trying to use the wads from the doomgoo pack for the dingoo, Any help would be great cheers....

ruffnutts ;)

Back