Prboom 2.5.0

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
This is the latest version of PrBoom 2.5.0 for the gp2x.
Its using all the latest open2x libs and stuff. Supports everything the previous versions did, but it should work with USB keyboards (did not test)
I used mongolito404 control code from the previous version, so thanks to him for doing most of the work.
I was playing around with it so can be ready for the wiz and pandora, so expect it to be ready day 1.

Links are up to date
Binary
Source

As a side note I have some very good improvements to wolf4sdl. This would have been a double release, but unfortunately there are still some bugs that need to be ironed out.

Note: Its been discovered the save's are being written to the nand area. I will look into and put out a version once I have the path fixed.

UPDATE: i fixed the paths problem. The fixed version will be labeled as 2.5.0b when it is updated. If you ran the previous version you may want to remove the folder that was made on the nand: /.prboom
Dont miss the dot, its means its hidden. I deleted it via telnet, I dont know if any applications support removing folders from the nand. It wont hurt to have it there and it doesnt take up much space.

I just discovered this myself. Under general settings on the 3rd page there are settings for filtering. It can make everything look better and not pixelated. Although you can tell it tajes some resources, so you may want to overclock to compensate.

Nice, the latest Prboom :) Thanks for your work Pickle!

I tried the filtering and performance is better than I expected (playable at 200mhz). I don't think there's a big need for them when playing the game at its native resolution, but they're nice to have anyway.

Default save spot is on the GP2X. If you don't specify "-save . " it will write to /.prboom and not the SD (/mnt/sd/).

Alex. said:
Nice, the latest Prboom :) Thanks for your work Pickle!

I tried the filtering and performance is better than I expected (playable at 200mhz). I don't think there's a big need for them when playing the game at its native resolution, but they're nice to have anyway.
Thanks, I notice the filtering is the most useful close up to the textures when it would be pixelated.

bman said:
Default save spot is on the GP2X. If you don't specify "-save . " it will write to /.prboom and not the SD (/mnt/sd/).
nice catch, i will look into it. Should be an easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
UPDATE: i fixed the paths problem. The fixed version will be labeled as 2.5.0b when it is updated. If you ran the previous version you may want to remove the folder that was made on the nand: /.prboom
Dont miss the dot, its means its hidden. I deleted it via telnet, I dont know if any applications support removing folders from the nand. It wont hurt to have it there and it doesnt take up much space.
filer2x could do it, but I would recommend caution. termula2x could also be used as a command line removal (rm -R /.prboom). Space is minor, I just saved 2 files when I noticed my SD backup had no prboom changes, averaged at 50k per save and a 65k transmap? file.

bman said:
Pickle said:
filer2x could do it, but I would recommend caution. termula2x could also be used as a command line removal (rm -R /.prboom). Space is minor, I just saved 2 files when I noticed my SD backup had no prboom changes, averaged at 50k per save and a 65k transmap? file.

I did try the app that came with open2x, I dont remember the name. I couldnt figure out how to get to the nand, so I didnt want to waste time so I went the telnet route.
Those are the only 2 files I saw and I verified twice that /.prboom was not created by the version b.

Most of my addon wads crash now.

various issues:

Memento Mori, Scientist 2, Darkening 2, HACX, Mars War, Rebirth, Brotherhood of Ruin
R_InitData: Textures Z_Malloc: Failure trying to allocate XXXX bytes

Memento Mori 2, Requiem, Revolution
I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal:signal 11

Strain, Deus Vult II
R_InitTextures: Missing patch XXX in texture

Working fine: Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed 2, BioWar, Scythe, and all originals of course

I've now finally got round in testing this and it works great. I have not really tried any addon's but the original game WAD's work great! Good work. :)

Tag5 said:
I've now finally got round in testing this and it works great. I have not really tried any addon's but the original game WAD's work great! Good work. :)
great! I mainly did it to play the original's.
I think most addon's are failing because of a lack of memory. I suppose I should try some on the wiz to prove that.

Back