Prboom 2.2.6-beta4

mongolito404

Website
Visit site
Hoi,

a small update to PrBoom to make audio works with latest firmware. No code change (no code release). Compiled using Paeryns' SDL and Guyfawkes's SDL Test Release on a oopo's toolchain. Has more random crashes. L/R and X/Y are switched and I didn't bothered to change anything in the code. You will have to change your key mapp (Setup>Binding in PrBoom).

http://mongolito404.free.fr/gp2x/prboom-gp2x-2.2.6-b4.zip

I don't understand? PrBoom's audio works fine for me on 1.4 with CramFS. Also, do mean it has less random crashes?

Well, it is nice to see it is still being worked on. Any progress on pwad support? Also, it would be awesome if some time we could hook up our GP2x to a pc and play deathmatch between the gp2x and pc!

Thanks for your work, I've just installed prboom today. I was wondering if it works with third-party Doom mods such as CTF and bots... (?)

Doom and Boom (p)wads should work fine with PrDoom. ZDoom or Doomsday (JDoom) one shouldn't. You have to create/edit shell script to play them but they (should) work. I tested some and they seems ok.

Paeryns' SDL is hadware accelerated and PrBoom is now faster. Previous release has (a least) one bug causing random crashes. This release seems to suffer from the same bug which append more often. As I know almost nothing about the Doom engine and C programming, I'm unable to fix it.

Music is still working with this release, but you will have to add a timidity.cfg file in the prboom folder. If you previously worked with timidity installed in the timididy folder at the root of your sd card, use this as timidity.cfg:
Code:
dir /mnt/sd/timidity
source  /mnt/sd/timidity/timidity.cfg

Oh, I see. It does run a little faster, cool.

Also, yes pwad support is working! Here is some code for those lazy people:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom2.wad -file mall.wad > prboommall.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec ./gp2xmenu

This assumes that doom2.wad and mall.wad are in the same directory.

I can't seem to work out how to have different .gpe's for different .wad's. I've tried this.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom.wad > prboommall.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec ./gp2xmenu
But it just crashes.

Oddly enough, that same thing happened to me. I had to get a fresh copy of the ulitmate doom .wad file, and that fixed it, not sure why, though.

Also, why are you appending mall to the log file? :) Maybe pm the log file to mongolito and he can help you if you are still having trouble.

devestation posted on Mar 15 2006 at 02:26 AM said:
Oddly enough, that same thing happened to me. I had to get a fresh copy of the ulitmate doom .wad file, and that fixed it, not sure why, though.

Also, why are you appending mall to the log file? :) Maybe pm the log file to mongolito and he can help you if you are still having trouble.

I was confused. I didn't mean to do that. In the end, it's just too hard and I give up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please post a step by step instuction on how to get a wad file working. I am fairly new to Linux and I don't know what to do with these scripts you are posting. Also is a wad file and a pwad the samething? I have a Simpsons wad file that works with Doom2. Will this work with Prboom?

Back