Power button - problem ?

TomVS

Website
Visit site
I have a bit of a problem with my power button...

First. The button can slide to the richt and has a click (stationary) to the left.

Has the click to the left any function ?

second.How do you power on the pandora from complete shutdown. My unit seems to behave at rondom. If I slide to the right the unit sometimes switches on but it seems to have a will of it's own. How long do you have to hold the power button to the right to power on from complete shutdown ?

3th To go in sleep mode while on desktop sometimes works but also seems random. How many second do you have to hold the button to the right position here ?

It seems like my unit has a slight fault. Any suggestions ?

I never went to the left.

I briefly [1 sec.] and gently press the button to the right for power on from complete shutdown.

When i completely power off, i slide and hold the button to the right slightly longer than to powering on.

To put in sleep mode i briefly slide the button the the right.

To wake from sleep mode i do the same.

Hope that helps ? :mellow:

I finally found a topic i might be able to help someone with :D

Last edited:
It seems like i have an hardware problem.

powering on from complete shutdown is not always successful i have to keep retrying

Even holding the switch to the right for a long time does not work.

I manage to get to power on by retrying. But it seems that normally that should not be the way to do it...

It seems like i have an hardware problem.

powering on from complete shutdown is not always successful i have to keep retrying

Even holding the switch to the right for a long time does not work.

I manage to get to power on by retrying. But it seems that normally that should not be the way to do it...
It could be a bad connection with the switch. If none of the hardware wizards post here with a more likely solution, you may need to RMA.

First. The button can slide to the richt and has a click (stationary) to the left.

Has the click to the left any function ?
Not yet. I think it was planned for a "hold mode" to be implemented, but right now clicking it to the left does nothing.

second.How do you power on the pandora from complete shutdown. My unit seems to behave at rondom. If I slide to the right the unit sometimes switches on but it seems to have a will of it's own. How long do you have to hold the power button to the right to power on from complete shutdown ?
It takes almost one second of holding the switch to the right on mine. The same applies to all three of my previous Pandoras, as well.

3th To go in sleep mode while on desktop sometimes works but also seems random. How many second do you have to hold the button to the right position here ?
Holding the switch to the right for the same amount of time as powering it on is how long it takes, for me - so, about a second.

this forum brings back the good old gp32 times instant answers great replies

I will keep experimenting...If it aint completely broken dont fix it ...

The little plastic power switch piece has a channel cut out of it that was designed to clear one of the solder pads for the headphone jack. In rare cases, the tolerances might be tight and the switch is bumping the solder pad. Perhaps you are stopping when you hit this pad and think that is as far as the switch can go. You could try to gently push a little further and see if it slides down a bit and over the solder pad.

Thank you Michael...

I applied a little more force to the power button, heard a slight snapping sound...

The power button travels about 2mm further now and seems to make full contact.

Problem seems to be solved !

When i completely power off, i slide and hold the button to the right slightly longer than to powering on.

From my understanding this does not power off the Pandora but puts it in to sleep mode. To power off you have to logout then shut down via the menu.

From my understanding this does not power off the Pandora but puts it in to sleep mode. To power off you have to logout then shut down via the menu.
My error,

Geez i cannot even give simple advice right.

Please ignore my suggestion.

My bad... :(

Last edited:

My error,

Many apologies Hackman, it's my bad. Just tried what you suggested and it does indeed shut down the Pandora.

Also many thanks for pointing this out, (to me at least). Not sure when this feature was introduced, but I like it. For some reason it just seems right to be able to shut down a device with a button. :)

My error,

Many apologies Hackman, it's my bad. Just tried what you suggested and it does indeed shut down the Pandora.

Also many thanks for pointing this out, (to me at least). Not sure when this feature was introduced, but I like it. For some reason it just seems right to be able to shut down a device with a button. :)
Apology accepted Mr. Loon but i will say you had me doing a reality check :blink:

Testing 1 2 3.. testing ;)

Last edited:
Back