Potential Problems W/ Slow Sdhc Card Speed?

peteredge

Still Fresh
hey i checked the other threads on sdhc card speed but couldnt really find any straight answers... i just bought a 32 gb sdhc ( class 4) in anticipation of the pandora. my original plan was to start out with just one and if it wasnt sufficient space, i would buy a second sdhc later. what i want to know is (this didnt cross my mind at the time), could i possibly run into problems using this sdhc card with the pandora bc of its slow (class 4) speed? and i mean problems BESIDE slow transfer speed, which is obvious. sorry if this is a stupid question, but someone please help me out :) thanks

gnargoyle11 said:
hey i checked the other threads on sdhc card speed but couldnt really find any straight answers... i just bought a 32 gb sdhc ( class 4) in anticipation of the pandora. my original plan was to start out with just one and if it wasnt sufficient space, i would buy a second sdhc later. what i want to know is (this didnt cross my mind at the time), could i possibly run into problems using this sdhc card with the pandora bc of its slow (class 4) speed? and i mean problems BESIDE slow transfer speed, which is obvious. sorry if this is a stupid question, but someone please help me out :) thanks
No - class 4 should be okay. There shouldn't be any problems associated with slow transfer speed - it's probably not a good idea to use it for Linux swap space, but I wouldn't do that on a 32gb card anyway, since it would tend to wear out the card faster than "normal usage."

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, what kind of "problems" are you expecting to run into with a Class 4 card? It isn't exactly snail-paced.

AireTamStorm said:
First off, what kind of "problems" are you expecting to run into with a Class 4 card? It isn't exactly snail-paced.
Well I got the impression from the way people were talking about it in other threads that it may possibly lead to very slow game loading times and stuff like that. is this untrue? I may have just misunderstood tho.

There's only class 2, 4, and 6. Class 4 means you can read from the card at a guaranteed rate of at least 4MB/sec. That means you can load an entire 32Mbit SNES ROM in 1 second or less. Hardly slow.

Squidge said:
There's only class 2, 4, and 6. Class 4 means you can read from the card at a guaranteed rate of at least 4MB/sec. That means you can load an entire 32Mbit SNES ROM in 1 second or less. Hardly slow.
ok im feeling stupid for asking now. but thanks

Back