Posting Binge

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Tis a sad day: looking at the active users, I'm the only person who's been online in the last 15 minutes!

In retaliation, to any of you still alive out there, I suggest a posting binge to enliven this sad decaying forum into a forum full of fresh vitality akin to that of a popular air freshener advert (many of which are available).

So, post! Now. Go on. I dare you.

I'd rather a posting binge than people posting bilge.

There have been more spammers than regular users recently though :(

Sadly the GP2X/Wiz/Caanoo scene is dying and people are obviously going elsewhere - not sure if they've moved on because they have lost interest, or they have other, better machines or that the GP2X/Wiz/Caanoo already do everything that they want/need so don't need to post about games/apps etc. anymore.

Users aren't supporting the devs (with feedback etc. (and let's face it they can go elsewhere and actually be financially rewarded for their work)) and therefore devs are no longer supporting the machines.

:(

I guess the fragmentation brought about by the Pandora, the fact Caanoo/Wiz aren't very good by today's standards, and Android / iOS mean there's not that much conventional homebrew about anymore.

Ah, my gaming for the past few months has been reduced to the occasional Minecraft on my macbook.

I miss tinkering with half-shit games and decent emulators on an underpowered weird little handheld thing and talking about it.
Also as you said, publishing is easy on iOS and Android so some money can be had for developers.

Wasn't the WIz doing quite well when it was being produced? If GPH just gave it an upgrade instead of the Caanoo they might have survived a bit longer.
On that matter, what are GPH up to? Last I heard (like, two years ago or something) they axed their hardware division.

No idea. I played a bit of Pokémon a few days ago; that counts as gaming right?

Also, I've been working on a game using Playstation Mobile, which is quite nice to use.

I also just did some shitty problem with queens or something in Prolog.

I bought Pokémon Black 2 yesterday. It seems quite good. Also, in Black and White theme, I bought Michael Jackson's album Dangerous, with the song of the same name.

I havent logged on in years (I think this is my first post in about 3 years) but I thought I would to say hi.

I hate to say it but i think the scene is pretty much dead mainly for the reasons Goity said. Back when the gp32 was the only option the community of open source handheld gamers was really closeknit and was just really here, gp32spain and dcemu. these days you there is just so much stuff out there be it cheap chinese handhelds, android devices or phones you dont NEED to be part of the community like you used to have to to find and use the software.

I still have my gp32 blu+ and gp2x f200 but i dont really use them much these days. I brought one of these (link) a while ago to have a play with since it ran android instead of ce 5 like older ones and it runs megadrive, snes and psx okay and hold play it kinda like a massive gba sp lol.

I say when i use a gamepark console these days it tends to be the gp32, the doom emulator is GODLY and by far the best way to play doom on the go, it runs waaaay better then the gp2x one. and the batteries for the gp32 last alot longer than the gp2x so its the better option to take out with me.

has anyone got a dingoo btw? would they recommend it?

rabbits with hats said:
has anyone got a dingoo btw? would they recommend it?

I have one, It's an A320, And i whole heartedly recommend it. I love it to bits, But my GP32 still holds the dearest place in my heart. Finger Boobies, 'Sniff'

Oh, And hi everyone, Long time no type. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
More consoles should have plastic breasts on them; the Vita's policy of having concave sections on the back instead does it no favours in sales I feel.

Awaiting the super storm to hit. Hopefully I'll still be here after it's over! ;) Actually I'm just hoping the power doesn't go out but just in case it does I'm charging every gizmo I own.

Orion4874 said:
Awaiting the super storm to hit. Hopefully I'll still be here after it's over! ;) Actually I'm just hoping the power doesn't go out but just in case it does I'm charging every gizmo I own.

Ha, ha, smart! we here in southern Ontario Canada are supposed to get a piece of that storm as well.

iprice said:
I'd rather a posting binge than people posting bilge.

There have been more spammers than regular users recently though :(

Sadly the GP2X/Wiz/Caanoo scene is dying and people are obviously going elsewhere - not sure if they've moved on because they have lost interest, or they have other, better machines or that the GP2X/Wiz/Caanoo already do everything that they want/need so don't need to post about games/apps etc. anymore.

Users aren't supporting the devs (with feedback etc. (and let's face it they can go elsewhere and actually be financially rewarded for their work)) and therefore devs are no longer supporting the machines.

:(

Yeah,

I love and respect the GP2X for getting me into this scene.

My username used to be “gp2xs” which meant GP to excess.

Unfortunately for the GP2X the Dingoo A320 is now my favorite small form factor emulation device. The long battery life, compact size, and usable Dpad are some advantages of the A320 over the GP2X.

For higher end emulation and portable computing I have the Pandora.

Now, I would probably agree that the GP2X met an early demise due to, among other things, the early hype and promises made about the Pandora.

Still the Pandora, for those of us lucky to have received ours, is the best in the portable retro-emulator category today.

Another thing about the GP2X is that it was pretty mature. If I turn on mine now my SD card is set. There is nothing for me to do but play the games (many that are better played on the A320). So now the adventure is gone for me. I liked tinkering when things were in active development.

I still have them; I just don’t use them any more. :(

Orion4874 said:
Good luck Orion. Maybe you should have left NJ, before the storm arrives. I guess it's too late to leave now.

Well, I'm still here but no power pretty much anywhere. About two thirds of the state are in the dark and will be for days to come. Reduced to charging our phones in the car which sucks hard. Unfortunately, NJ and parts of NY and CT got hit hard!

Back