possible soc updates.

Then again, I'd prefer if noone calls anyone anything apart from possibly their names. That includes God Ginrai too.
Well, I got a little angry since he specifically ignored my earlier request to stop double-posting:

Also, in the future, could you please refrain from double posting? Any additions can easily be added to your most recent post with the Edit function.
And then pointed out that he does this on purpose. That is jerk-like behaviour, IMHO, so I called him out on it.

Double- and triple-posting is not conducive to healthy forum conversations, because it wastes a lot of space on one person. This makes for more scrolling and more pages for other users, which is frustrating. Not to mention, it is also toxic against other topics because it pushes other topics down, making it less likely for the other topics to be noticed. Thirdly, double-posts mean more entries in the database. This increases the amount of rows in the DB tables and thus hurts functionality and wastes space. Sure, we don't notice anything from one double-post, but they add up, eventually to a lot of wasted space and possible performance hits due to the number of rows in the tables. The only acceptable time to double post is when you are trying to bump a topic back onto page 1.

It is not hard to address multiple conversations in one post, and if you feel you need to somehow separate them, BBCode offers many ways to format your post in such a way as to separate your different discussions.

Also, it says it is post 321 for me as well. Maybe the mods are seeing deleted posts?

@Exophase Do you really think that quad-core ARM Cortex A9 may be the best SoC EvilDragon may be able to get?

-God Ginrai
Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  Multiple posting may be bad if it's all one topic and conversation.  When following multiple conversational threads in a single forum, it is highly beneficial for the flow of conversation to keep those conversations separated via multiple posts.  Yes, I do that on purpose - and you should too - when there are multiple conversational threads within a single forum.  Apparently you missed that subtlety in your rush to find something to talk about and attack on other than the item at hand.

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  Multiple posting may be bad if it's all one topic and conversation.  When following multiple conversational threads in a single forum, it is highly beneficial for the flow of conversation to keep those conversations separated via multiple posts.
Mr_Loon seemed to do just fine with one post in his topic asking the devs their opinion about x86:

The country in which I will be living from summer of 2014 till summer of 2015. Id love to talk face to face with people to establish relationships :)
What would be the purpose of establishing a relationship with these people? In what capacity would you propose to do this?____________________________

ED said:

If Intel sells it without NDA, permissions, etc., simply through normal distributor channels, then it's way easier to get than any other ARM SoC... which would be a huge advantage for us.

Let's see what we'll get.
Shlee said:
wait.. for what soc?
An Intel one I presume.
I'm still pretty confused by your initial reaction to this thread, care to elaborate on this post? No offence taken here but I'd love to know how the OP could ruffle anyone's feathers.

And in a probably vain attempt to get this back on topic ;) :

@ Exophase : What you your personal feeling be if P2 was x86 based, would you still develop software for it? Would you consider it a real shame that things like DraStic would not be usable on it? Have you given any consideration to a potential future P2 when developing stuff for P1?
If you notice, his use of underscores easily separates his responses into separate segments, taking up much less room than a triple post would have.

There is absolutely no reason that you have to make multiple separate posts to participate in multiple conversations. You are just too lazy to care about formatting your posts.

Yes, I do that on purpose - and you should too - when there are multiple conversational threads within a single forum. Apparently you missed that subtlety in your rush to find something to talk about and attack on other than the item at hand.
You worked so hard to come up with what you thought was a good insult that you messed up your terms in the sentence before it. A forum is composed of topics, also known as threads. It is not considered a double-post to post in two different threads. It is double-posting to post one after another in the same thread.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
@ God Ginrai:
Calm down!

There are other, more important, things to get upset about.

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  Multiple posting may be bad if it's all one topic and conversation.  When following multiple conversational threads in a single forum, it is highly beneficial for the flow of conversation to keep those conversations separated via multiple posts.
Mr_Loon seemed to do just fine with one post in his topic asking the devs their opinion about x86:

The country in which I will be living from summer of 2014 till summer of 2015. Id love to talk face to face with people to establish relationships :)
What would be the purpose of establishing a relationship with these people? In what capacity would you propose to do this?

ED said:

If Intel sells it without NDA, permissions, etc., simply through normal distributor channels, then it's way easier to get than any other ARM SoC... which would be a huge advantage for us.

Let's see what we'll get.
Shlee said:
wait.. for what soc?
An Intel one I presume.

I'm still pretty confused by your initial reaction to this thread, care to elaborate on this post? No offence taken here but I'd love to know how the OP could ruffle anyone's feathers.

And in a probably vain attempt to get this back on topic ;) :

@ Exophase : What you your personal feeling be if P2 was x86 based, would you still develop software for it? Would you consider it a real shame that things like DraStic would not be usable on it? Have you given any consideration to a potential future P2 when developing stuff for P1?
If you notice, his use of underscores easily separates his responses into separate segments, taking up much less room than a triple post would have.

There is absolutely no reason that you have to make multiple separate posts to participate in multiple conversations. You are just too lazy to care about formatting your posts.

Yes, I do that on purpose - and you should too - when there are multiple conversational threads within a single forum. Apparently you missed that subtlety in your rush to find something to talk about and attack on other than the item at hand.
You worked so hard to come up with what you thought was a good insult that you messed up your terms in the sentence before it. A forum is composed of topics, also known as threads. It is not considered a double-post to post in two different threads. It is double-posting to post one after another in the same thread.

-God Ginrai
And so conversation dissolves into petty bickering and name calling (lazy).  That's nice.  Do you have anything actually constructive or remotely on topic to write about?

@ God Ginrai:

Calm down!

There are other, more important, things to get upset about.
Honestly, there's not. He's accusing me of making attacks. I will not tolerate that.

And so conversation dissolves into petty bickering and name calling (lazy).  That's nice.  Do you have anything actually constructive or remotely on topic to write about?
I think you need to re-educate yourself with what name calling is. Name calling is when you use a different noun to define someone, like calling someone a tyrant or a jerk. Yes, I did call you a name in my earlier post where I called you a jerk. And I will stick with it, because intentionally double-posting with the express purpose of having separate posts suggests you are one. However, I am not "name calling" when I call you lazy. Lazy is an adjective, and I was using it to describe your attitude towards formatting your posts.

And for your information, every one of my posts in this topic, including the ones addressing your attempts at berating me, have discussed the topic or one of the side topics tangential to the topic, with the exception of the post you just quoted and this post. That's something that you can't say about your own posts, considering that all of your posts relating to this vendetta you started have not had one thing to say about the topic. That's at least 4 posts right there. You might want to think about what you say before you say it from now on, that way you don't give people the chance to ask you the same question:

Do you have anything actually constructive or remotely on topic to write about?

-God Ginrai

Then again, I'd prefer if noone calls anyone anything apart from possibly their names. That includes God Ginrai too.
Well, I got a little angry since he specifically ignored my earlier request to stop double-posting: 
Well, in all fairness, it is not up to you to crusade against particular posting styles. If it bothers you, make a report and let the mods decide if there should be anything done about it. We do not want backseat modding :)

And perhaps I should bring out the green, since Binky didn't: Calm down!

You ought not to call anybody neither "jerk" nor  "lazy". Particularly when the reason you call them "lazy" isn't that they're lazy, but that they don't agree with you on an estetic question.

Well, in all fairness, it is not up to you to crusade against particular posting styles. If it bothers you, make a report and let the mods decide if there should be anything done about it. We do not want backseat modding :)

And perhaps I should bring out the green, since Binky didn't: Calm down!

You ought not to call anybody neither "jerk" nor  "lazy". Particularly when the reason you call them "lazy" isn't that they're lazy, but that they don't agree with you on an estetic question.
Thank you - sorry you had to become involved.

No, the reason I called him lazy was because of the lack of formatting in his posts. I suggested that this laziness was the reason he would not use one post as opposed to multiple. Not the other way around.

Also, since when has it been backseat modding to ask nicely that someone don't waste my screen space? If you look at both of my recent posts asking people to stop double posting, I doubt you can honestly say that I did not ask nicely:

Also, in the future, could you please refrain from double posting? Any additions can easily be added to your most recent post with the Edit function.
Next time, please edit your post to include any new information rather than double-posting. It wastes space.
Unless please is some curse word wherever Grench is from, I don't see what is so wrong about making this request. As I said when I responded to your post in the other topic that Grench pulled this argument into: I don't want to report people who are not causing trouble.

-God Ginrai

Derailing perfectly useful threads into a pointless discussion on the aesthetics of posting styles is causing trouble, though. Calling people "jerk" and "lazy" for not conforming to your aesthetic ideals is. 

The next time you feel the urge to do that, do press the report button instead, if you feel the posting style is too obnoxious to be readable. Trust me: As a moderator, I much prefer that to this mess.

Suggestion, just edit posts for moderation, don't add more posts about manners or whatever

because this discussion is totally off the rails now,

haha you're all very entertaining like a dose of the black plague! ;)

I think this monstercameron guy is legit but boy if he was a troll he's doing an awesome job of it!

19 more pages on this same old topic.

The sad part is that there are some really good, recent discussions around a high potential new SoC that has legitimate controversy and consternation hidden somewhere in this mess.  It would take a mod hours to decompile the thread though.

Good thing most of the good stuff exists in other threads and the discussion is still healthy.

Can a mod split the unrelated posts and move them to an extra thread?

Removed by me, posted in the other thread arm alternatives

Back